Light-O-Rama Forums

Automatic sequencing?

drums114

Planning for next year :)

I heard a lot of people talking about automatic sequencing within the LOR program. Does anyone know how to use this? I looked for this but could not find anything...

Wow Billy Bob that sure is purty. Why thanks Hank, I did that all by myself. Anything that can make a sequence for you, takes away the "I did that" factor. I can only imagine what that sequence must look like "BORING"! It takes a human touch to add a bit of unpredictability to make the sequence interesting and to hold the audiences attention.

A lot of people use a program called superstar within the LOR software package to control certain aspects of their show or certain elements like the Cosmic Color Ribbons. You can use this program to create an entire sequence but it won't look as polished as a 40 hour stint on one song. I'm new to the hobby myself and have yet to have the opportunity to have the time to learn all the caveats of the software. I used sequences that people shared and manipulated them as best I could for my display. However there was one song that I wanted to see in lights and that was "Through the fire and the Flames" by Dragonforce. It's the craziest song I've ever heard. So I sat down with the Superstar program and played around with all the different settings for a while and came out with an enjoyable sequence. Now it's not amazing, but if ours just the average person pulling up to my house to let the kids look at some lights, they're not going to care. A lot of people on the forums like to trash superstar for sequencing, but for those of us that simply don't have the time we would like to devote to the hobby, it can help. I travel a ton for work so the sequences shared by a lot of people have helped to get me into the hobby and Superstar has aided in helping me to learn what the timing and motions in the software is all about.

Here's a crazy 7 minute superstar sequence for a completely nuts song:

Edited by larrym20

I know about the auto seq. with the super star, but can it do regular light?

The video I posted is done entirely with superstar and standard led lights.