Light-O-Rama Forums

Fixed bit rate MP3s

LORi P

I know it is problematic in the sequence editor to use variable rate MP3s. The recommendation is to use constant bit rate MP3s or WAV files.

Most threads about this say to use 128 kbps. Is there a reason why 128 kbps is recommended over a lower compression such as 320 kbps? I'd rather not degrade my MP3s more than necessary.

Thanks for your help!

I think 128 is recommended for windows media player, remember, I said I think. Some people use different bit rates but windows media player likes 128 best, from what I understand. Hope that helps.

Guest Don Gillespie

I know it is problematic in the sequence editor to use variable rate MP3s. The recommendation is to use constant bit rate MP3s or WAV files.

Most threads about this say to use 128 kbps. Is there a reason why 128 kbps is recommended over a lower compression such as 320 kbps? I'd rather not degrade my MP3s more than necessary.

Thanks for your help!

You will not degrade the MP3's they work fantastic at 128 kbps, and Pete has it right.

You will not degrade the MP3's they work fantastic at 128 kbps, and Pete has it right.

Holy Crap!!! Thats a first for me.

... and Pete has it right.

Now THERE'S some words that might have just been spoken for the first time ever!

Holy Crap!!! Thats a first for me.

Straight from the horse's, uh... mouth.

I rest my case.

Edited by George Simmons

• The topic was locked