Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie E682 & E1.31. user

Gary Levelius

Max when you're tring to run a sequence as you know make sure control lights is checked and insure your LOR dongle the RJ45 is pluged into your computer.

Ok I am having trouble getting a simple sequence to run. I have the latest version of S3. I do not have and don't intend to use any LOR controllers. I just have an E682 controller and light strings that test well and run under aSCNViewer software, they even run with Madrix. But I can't get S3 to control the lights!!!

Please don't tell me I have to have a LOR dongle connected to get S3 to control lints connected to the E-682.

Ok I am having trouble getting a simple sequence to run. I have the latest version of S3. I do not have and don't intend to use any LOR controllers. I just have an E682 controller and light strings that test well and run under aSCNViewer software, they even run with Madrix. But I can't get S3 to control the lights!!!

Please don't tell me I have to have a LOR dongle connected to get S3 to control lints connected to the E-682.

No you do not, if you are only using the DMX and not LOR protocol.

Just make sure you have all the LOR ports set to "NONE" and you are good to go.

Under DMX click on the use "IP/Adapter box for Universe 1 and accept the defaults of  "Multicast" and LOR will assign the IP's for you starting at 239.255.0.1 for universe 1.

Edited by Dennis Cherry

In LOR S3 Advanced, if you have never had an USB Dongle attached to the computer, it will not auto-checkmark the "Control Lights" in the Play menu. It is a known "bug."

Even if you do set None for all the LOR Dongles as Dennis mentioned.

Something to do with the installation of the USB FTDI Driver files. If you don't have them installed, then when LOR starts it doesn't see the file and won't automatically check "Control Lights."

If you do it manually, it should work, but it won't remember it.  

If you have a USB RS485 dongle, connect it long enough for the drivers to install. Then you can remove it.  This is what worked for me.

In LOR S3 Advanced, if you have never had an USB Dongle attached to the computer, it will not auto-checkmark the "Control Lights" in the Play menu. It is a known "bug."

Even if you do set None for all the LOR Dongles as Dennis mentioned.

Something to do with the installation of the USB FTDI Driver files. If you don't have them installed, then when LOR starts it doesn't see the file and won't automatically check "Control Lights."

If you do it manually, it should work, but it won't remember it.  

If you have a USB RS485 dongle, connect it long enough for the drivers to install. Then you can remove it.  This is what worked for me.

You might be correct the FTDI drivers still need to be installed. After that forget the LOR dongle.

No you do not, if you are only using the DMX and not LOR protocol.

Just make sure you have all the LOR ports set to "NONE" and you are good to go.

Under DMX click on the use "IP/Adapter box for Universe 1 and accept the defaults of  "Multicast" and LOR will assign the IP's for you starting at 239.255.0.1 for universe 1.

Thanks

That worked just fine. All is working now

Gil V.