Light-O-Rama Forums

I would love to see this

bdeditch

I don't know how many times people asked me in the last few weeks what I use. Why doesn't LOR have a one sheet ad that I could print out and hand out to people when they ask.

Why not just make up your own one page flyer detailing your display, equipment and hardware , how it's used and how it all goes together, of course add the lightorama.com url in there to direct folks where to go and read more about it?

If I was going to give out info on what I use, how I do it, I'd create my own flyer for that. Mainly because every persons display is different, uses different elements, some with homemade props, etc.

So that's why I'm pretty sure why LOR doesn't offer a "canned" flyer like that.

It'd be much better if personalized to your display.

Or am I missing something???

Just know if I was going to hand out a flyer {and I have thought about it}, that's what and how I'd do it.

I dont know how free I would be with info about MY display. Have no problem pointing them to LOR and CDI, but I dont think I would want every Tom, Dick and Harry to say, wow with a computer and software I can take one of these and one of those out of his yard and have my own display. I rather leave it a mystery.

• Like 1

+1 My feelings are less said is better said when it comes down to the details. The person I am speaking to probably won't have bad intentions, but I can't control who they go tell. Ya never know...

Just a suggestion and like I stated near the end "had thought about it", but every time, I end up NOT creating anything, even if I did, yes there would be some detail, but not fully disclosed details. Sorry for the wrong impression, was not my intent.

Edited by Orville

I dont know how free I would be with info about MY display. Have no problem pointing them to LOR and CDI, but I dont think I would want every Tom, Dick and Harry to say, wow with a computer and software I can take one of these and one of those out of his yard and have my own display. I rather leave it a mystery.

I didn't want anything about my display, I wanted to give them something that explains the equipment that is being used. They can see what it does, they just want to know how they can do it.

Guest wbottomley

I don't know how many times people asked me in the last few weeks what I use. Why doesn't LOR have a one sheet ad that I could print out and hand out to people when they ask.

Good point. But, I don't advertise free.

I personally do not want more people doing this. I tell them it's computer controlled and I program it, and that's it. Too many others doing it wil take away the shock factor of my display.

I personally do not want more people doing this. I tell them it's computer controlled and I program it, and that's it. Too many others doing it wil take away the shock factor of my display.

You got to be kidding, you don't want more doing this?

• Like 1

Great Christmas Spirit!!! And very outgoing I see... Merry Christmas

I do not think Mike is the only one that feels this way.

The more the merrier..but in my opinion the more that are put up the less the wow factor.

A guy down the street from me has 1 controller and just makes his lights blink all to beat hell and he calls it a light show. I have many people tell me that he needs to shut it off because it gives light shows a bad rep when all you do is put up a ton of lights and make them blink like crazy with no synchronization to the music. If you do not have the time for this hobby then you should not participate. I have seen a ton of great shows but I also have seen a lot of bad ones in my opinion and if you ask for my opinion I have no problem giving it.

The more the merrier..but in my opinion the more that are put up the less the wow factor.

A guy down the street from me has 1 controller and just makes his lights blink all to beat hell and he calls it a light show. I have many people tell me that he needs to shut it off because it gives light shows a bad rep when all you do is put up a ton of lights and make them blink like crazy with no synchronization to the music. If you do not have the time for this hobby then you should not participate. I have seen a ton of great shows but I also have seen a lot of bad ones in my opinion and if you ask for my opinion I have no problem giving it.

I never asked you for your opinion, you gave it. And I also think you are scared of competition.

I seen your videos and I don't understand what you mean by "Wow" factor. You call yours a light show and so does the guy down the street. Yours looks like it is in slow motion. I have no problem giving my opinion either.

I agree, that song is kind of slow. Some dead spots in it too.

My show is far from the best in town. Maybe in the top 10 but that is not for me to decide. There are quite a few that are better than mine. I love the competition. Your truthful opinion can only help me get better.

Edited by MikeA
  • Like 1

I agree, that song is kind of slow. Some dead spots in it too.

But at least you are doing your own sequencing. I give a lot of credit there. How many songs do you run?

But at least you are doing your own sequencing. I give a lot of credit there. How many songs do you run?

I run 7 songs but have more programmed. I am working on video now for the faster ones now.

I run 7 songs but have more programmed. I am working on video now for the faster ones now.

I know what you mean, I look at my lights after doing a song and say " I could have done better" There is always something I miss. I had to redo most of mine from last year. I must have been in a hurry and sure made a mess of some.