Light-O-Rama Forums

Group donation effort for CT families

George Simmons

I'm not going to be able to do anything, I'm buried in snow. It'll be the end of the world fo me tonight when the 50mph winds hit later.

We got alot here too... no where near what they were predicting. Makes lights really pop now. Hoping wind stay calm here so our arches over driveway stay upright.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brett H.

• George Simmons

• Mwhite7097

• 1983ss454

My little facebook event even got the attention of the local paper.. Article written on the second page... (online version is the link below- just click on it and wait for 10sec after the login and the story will pop up).

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/members/article_03265c18-4b24-11e2-b707-001a4bcf887a.html

Tonight was great! On a cold, windy, rainy night, we managed to pull in over $350 for 3 half hour shows. I decided to collect all weekend for Newtown, so I hope to get close to $1000. Hope your shows are going well with all the crazy weather and thanks to George for getting this ball rolling.

We did it just Friday night. The weather was awful but we still took in $365. It might not be a pimple on a duck's butt, but thrown together with donations like what you raised at least it's a pimple.

Lots of drops of water will make a flood! That was about our take for Friday also but because we are here in CT, I had decided to do the whole weekend as well. Still, I was blown away by the generosity of folks. Thanks again George for getting this rolling. On Wed., I am going to contact the bank that is collecting the donations. I believe you can donate online as well. I would like to hear from others on how their donations turned out to get a rough idea on how the "decorators" fared in our combined fundraising

Very nice! I changed our message back to the one that tells folks we are back collecting for St. Judes but I still get an envelope here and there for the Newtown collection. I was going to send the check in but I guess I should wait until the shows are done.

• The topic was locked