Light-O-Rama Forums

Cut and Paste Question

overeazy

In superstar is there anyway to copy say several seconds of a sequence with one click or must each layer be done at a time. Do you save it to clip board?

You can copy any number of effects on any layer. You can select a group with a click and drag. You can add to the selection using Ctrl + Click.

After selecting the group you want, click on the "Copy" button or do Ctrl + C and it will copy them to the clipboard.

You can move to any location you want, mark the start position on the time ruler and paste them.

You can save the clipboard by clicking on the Edit menu and selecing "Load/Save Clipboard"

You can later load from the clipboard from the same "Load/Save Clipboard" dialog box.

I was doing a copy and paste and I wanted to "mirror" that paste, or invert it, okay maybe I'll explain it this way, I copied say (for example) 1,2,3,4 but I wanted to paste it as 4,3,2,1, I found no easy way to do that, this is a minor request but I think it can create some cool effects if you could invert/rotate a paste to a different position on the grid

Thanks Brian I finally got it. Must admit it took me longer then it should have until the light came on for me, Ctrl and click the same thing I do when moving multi files from one folder to another.

Yes, Ctrl + click follows the same standard that is used to select multiple files. Also, if you Ctrl + click on a selected effect it deselects.

As for the "mirror paste," that's something to definitely consider for next year.