Light-O-Rama Forums

Transmitter & computer volume

LORisAwesome

Hi all

I keep seeing post from people having trouble with transmitter distance. Someone else usually tells them to lower the volume on the computer.

I use the line level jacks on the computer to connect to my transmitter, and have never needed to touch the computer volume.

Does the volume setting on the computer matter when using line level outputs?

Are people hooking up amplified outputs to the transmitter?

Just a little confused...

Jerry

Edited by LORisAwesome

Hi all

I keep seeing post from people having trouble with transmitter distance. Someone else usually tells them to lower the volume on the computer.

I use the line level jacks on the computer to connect to my transmitter, and have never needed to touch the computer volume.

Does the volume setting on the computer matter when using line level outputs?

Are people hooking up amplified outputs to the transmitter?

Just a little confused...

Jerry

somewhere on here I read that your computer output should be set to 25% and then you can crank up the transmitter. my distance issues and clarity were resolved when I turned down the computer volume and cranked up the transmitter.

somewhere on here I read that your computer output should be set to 25% and then you can crank up the transmitter. my distance issues and clarity were resolved when I turned down the computer volume and cranked up the transmitter.

I saw that too, and it has me wondering if they are talking about the line level outputs or if people are using amplified outputs to connect to the transmitter.

I have a EDM transmitter, and I'm pretty sure that the inputs on the EDM are line level inputs.

Jerry

Edited by LORisAwesome

If the volume is turn down low on my computer I get static on the transmitter output side. Turn up the volume on the computer to 80% or higher there is no static on the output side of the transmitter. I'm running a Ramsey 30 transmitter.

Thomas