Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer - importing channel configuration

Stuart

Now that my show is running, I thought I would try to get a handle on using the Visualizer...

I had thought that once I selected New and upload my house image that I could upload my current channel configuration by clicking on "Load LOR reference" and that would load my channels so that I don't have to re-enter it.

However - when I click on the "Load LOR reference" and upload the file nothing seems to change.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Stuart

Once you click "Done" your channels are loaded.

You still have to draw out the visualization. Loading the channels via the LOR Reference option will make it easier to assign the fixtures to channels.

For example, if you have drawn a line of bulbs across the top of your house, click on the Fixture Properties. Then in the name portion of the Assigned Channels at the bottom of that screen. Now note that by the 'name' field (in the pop-up) a "..." is available. Click that and you can choose the channel name, and it will auto-fill the remaining properties.

For some other time saving ideas, see this thread.

And of course, if you haven't yet seen the tutorial ...

Thanks Don - I appreciate the help. I must be doing something else wrong as that is what I did.

Im using v3.8 - and when I hit done after loading the sequence or channel layout it jsut goes back to the main screen. When I add a light string and pull up the properties - the assigned channel section at the bottom is blank and no pop-ups occur.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Stuart

Thanks Don - With your help I solved it. It's the little "..." button that I hadn't picked up on that brings up all of my loaded channels - Eureka :)

Thanks for responding so quickly.

Stuart