Light-O-Rama Forums

Video Editing Software

LORi P

Thanks in advance for recommendations.

I know there have ben threads in the past about this topic so I apologize for any duplication, but my list of 'wants' is pretty long and no thread seem to address all my wishes in one place....

Ok, I am looking for good video editing software.

Window Movie Maker in XP was ok, but does not have many of the features that I would like And I absolutely abhor Movie Maker in Win7.

These are the features I would like:

- Absolutely, positively, MUST maintain HD resolution and quality.

- Interface - I like the interface that Win Movie Maker has in XP with time lines for each audio track, video and still pictures to easily line up where you want what to play when in your final video.

- Trimming and Clipping - obviously, I want trimming and clipping to be easy to use....

- Transition between video clips - When I take video at different camera angles, I'd like to fade between the clips, so the changes are not so abrupt. Other transition options besides fading would be nice (like turning the pages of a book...)

- Built in Special Effects - Iike to super-impose things like falling snowflakes over my videos. Or.... maybe frame my videos to look like they are being played on a TV, or that they are photos in a news paper.

- Very professional lead-in clips and credits.... like in a real movie, not cheesy. :)

- Built in audio effects like radio static....

Desired features: (these would be mostly for converting old VHS home videos, but might be useful for LOR videos as well)

- Color Enhancement

- Video Stabilization (for when the camera man was a little shaky...)

- Image sharpening

I am sure I left a million things off these lists, but these are at least most of them.

Oh - and did I mention I'd like it to be as inexpensive as possible?? ;)

Magix Movie Edit Pro 2013, it will do all that and a lot more and currently it's on sale for $49.99¢, regular price is $229.97¢.

You can check it out here:

http://www.magix.com/us/specials/kampagnen/magix-movie-edit-pro-inspired-by-hollywood-sem/

I use an older version of the software, the newer version can do a lot more than mine, highly recommend it. It's easy to use, has 38 tracks you can work with several video clips, several audio tracks, add overlays, etc.

It's a great program, I've been using their software for the last 18 years or so.

I just used Sony vegas for the first time. Super easy. Learned the how to's by watching you tube videos.

+1 for Sony Vegas. Powerful yet easy to master.

I'm using Nero 12 and it allows for multiple different outputs including 1080. It does the transitions, audio overlays and so on, pretty easily.

Another +1 for the Sony Vegas Video ..

I dont have the HD edition but as mentioned .. easy to use, intuitive and easy on a budget ...

Look around you might even find an older version for testing, learning and deciding before you break out the wallet .. thats what i did..

Merry Christmas..

Bob

I will give another plus for Sony Vegas Movie Studio.

It is pretty easy to learn and has a lot of bells and whistles to make what you want. I have the HD version and love it.

I'm switching from Avid to Adobe Premiere Pro. That's why it's taking so long for me to post video. Steep learning curve plus everything is in 1080P.

I'll try the opposite way this year - Premiere to Avid Media Composer...

I needed to use my Vegas last night .. and realized .. I do have the HD version ... ver 10 something ...

Imagine that .. LOL

Bob