Light-O-Rama Forums

Shell Commands not working in Show Player

wschlatt

Hi,

Trying to run a simple shell command on sequences to copy a file to be read by FM RDS software. Very simple concept, and it works beautifully for all sequences in the sequence editor on my development PC as well as the show PC. The shell commands do NOT launch when running as part of the show. I have restarted the show player (by way of rebooting), and still nothing. The cmdmap.lcm file is the same on both PCs. I even tried deleting that file and having it recreated on the show PC by re-entering the shell commands for the sequences. Still nothing. Any ideas??

I did copy that file to the show computer... It did not work. Then I tried re-creating the file and it still didn't work. :-(

To be clearer... The file was copied from the development PC. The sequence editor on the show PC runs the commands perfectly. The Show Editor on the show PC does not.

Good troubleshooting step... but it's not launching the shell command at all. I spent the past hour troubleshooting (now that my show is over for the evening) and I found some very strange behavior... Every sequence launches the shell command in the sequence editor. The first time I got the show player to launch a shell command was when I selected a "show on demand" show. This seemed to work. Then if I stopped the "on demand" show and enabled the normal schedule, the shell commands would indeed launch with the show. if I unloaded the control panel and reloaded it, it would not work until I performed the "show on demand" trick again. So right now things are working and my RDS looks great. I'll keep my eye on it and remember that silly "show on demand" trick if I need to reboot or reload the control panel.

BobO, thank you for your time and thoughts to help solve this one. - Bill