Light-O-Rama Forums

1/4 of my CCR just stays on, will not run sequnces

Daveb19

Have you done the "test" on it..where you hold the controller button in (with no power to the controller) then plug in the power cord (while still holding the button in)? This should cycle the ribbon thru each set of pixels in all Red then all green then all Blue then repeat the cycle..

When you do this do the same lights not work?

Sometimes just unplugging and plugging them back in "re-sets" them...

Edited by jimswinder

I have tried unplugging and that has not worked, I ahvae also done this while holding the reset button, to no avail. Yes it is allways the same llights.

sounds like you need to contact the Help Desk and submit a ticket...

I had the same problem on one half of one of my CCR's. I had a bad pixel on the CCR, I cut out that pixel and ran wires to splice it back together and then sealed it with silicon. It's pretty extreme but at least I have 49 pixels working right now instead of 25.

jimswinder

I was able to re-run the "test" and the last 1/4 of the strip just stay lit up white and the rest of the ribbon succesfully completes the test, and suggestions?

usually when they stay "all white" it is a bad section in the CCR...submit a Help Desk ticket...

I have the same problem. half of my strip is always white and on. In my attempt to splice / replace the 2nd half the strand with a replacement, I got the same result (latter part always on) as before I started. So I am puzzled if the error signal or short is in the original or first half of the ribbon, which btw, works fine. The solder is clean with no stray shorts that I can see. I tickle each IC and cut connectors, and cannot get it to show any signs of flicker.

Where would or could the "always on" be coming from, an IC, or cut joint, a solder joint, something far or near the issue??

Is there a thread that deals with this more frequently that I should be following. Thanks and sorry to bug you with this. It's not the end of the world if one of my 4 loops are not working.

Also, is there a way to test this strand or controller in the hardware utility user interface screen. I only see where I can turn on the first 16 pixels. how can i turn the whole strand on, or on with color changes for testing.

Well, I kept at it, and guessed that it was the pixel set prior to where the pixels stayed lit, so I cut the last good one out, and replaced it with one from another bad CCR, and it worked. in summary, try replacing the last good pixel set instead of thinking it was the first, last or some pixel in the bad section. I am happy now. Thanks.

• The topic was locked