Light-O-Rama Forums

Rainbow Flood Extreme

hazmat1104

I just purchased three rainbow flood extremes. Unfortunately the just flash randomly on their own even after several attempts of seting them up. I have spent time on the phone in an effort to trouble shoot to no avail. Are there any tips or tricks to get the DMX to work with LOR? You may have guessed this is my first attempt at DMX lighting.

I have all of the necessary equipment per Seasonal Lighting and is hook up correctly, but I believe I have a wrong setting with LOR. Thanks...

I have these as well. FIrst off, they are 5 channel devices. Channels 1-3 are for RGB, channels 4 and 5 are for different strobe effects. Be sure that you've not assigned sequences to activate channels 4 or 5 if you want to control RGB independently.

I'd 1st start debugging this by setting up only 1 extreme and seeing if you can get it to play nice, then adding the 2nd one.

I'm assuming you are familiar with setting the DMX address of each unit. The owners manual will tell you what DIP switches can be set to get different starting DMX addresses. Once you set the starting address, that channel will be red. The next 2 sequential channels will be blue, and green respectively. Channels 4 & 5 will follow blue and green. Make sure you are not sending any sequence values to those 2 channels.

This should work. I've built 6 now, and have not had any issue with the devices themselves, but it took a little while for me to understand DMX.

Correct, I have only tried to connect one light at this time. The dip switche are set to 1. I am using the three channels (RGB), but do understand that the other two can be left blank. After reading several different conversations I have tried channels 1,2,3 and then 2,3,4 as some have said that their channels are one off. I have connected both the LOR USB booster and the LOR USB adapter as an article stated that you needed to have the booster attached. When I have everything set up through network preferences (Universe 1) and then enter the sequence editor and try to control the DMX light, it doesn't work. The control panel is running as is the listener. The light just flickers and does its own thing.

Is there a way to reset the USB or LOR settings and refresh the system? I am looking forward to using these light as I have heard a lot of good things about them.

On the Extreme control circuit board there are 2 leds. 1 Red for power and the other Green for DMX. Is the DMX light flashing intermittently when you are sending DMX signals to the device? That would indicate DMX being received, if it is. I think we need to start there to see if DMX is set up. Can you point me to the "article" you mention?

Are you using the LOR to DMX adapter? Pins 4&5 to 1&2?

Also try using xlights to test DMX. LOR doesn't have a feature in the HWU to test DMX.

And maybe completely remove the adapter and add back with the most recent drivers.

Edited by CLD Kevin

Thanks to all, I changed out the regular LOR USB plug to the one that has the booster and everything works well now.Thank you.

Thanks to all, I changed out the regular LOR USB plug to the one that has the booster and everything works well now.Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I am just seeing this now... Glad you got them working first off. Second, for whatever reason a lot of our customers are having issues using the standard LOR USB485 with all different types of DMS products. I have contacted LOR about the issue so I hope they address. It just came about with software version 3.8.0. Hopefully LOR will be able to address the problem quickly like they usually do.

Greg