Light-O-Rama Forums

1st Thank You Note of 2012

Redbirdruss

There was a note taped to my Door with a packet of Hot Chocolate mix that said: "Our Family went around looking at Christmas lights this evening. Yours was our favorite!!! Thank you for making our night beautiful!!!" I am always amazed at how kind people are and how they go out of their way to show their appreciation. I'm just glad someone gets a kick out of this little hobby and it adds to their enjoyment of the season. Merry Christmas everyone and thank you enhancing the season!

I wish we had christmas spirit by us. I think I live in a town of grinches sometimes. But had someone stop by last night. Was out getting groceries in, saw she had kids in car went out and gave them each a candy cane and she said she was just passing through and saw the blinky blink and turned around and came down our street to check it out. She thought we had to pay a subscription to the radio station we used... :lol: Told her a little on how the transmitter works. She said it was awesome. I thanked her and found out she was heading to my old stomping grounds in my younger days and gave her directions to another light display. More then happy to send them to others displays.

I like to think we all would do it for each other. I dont know if this person uses LOR or one of the competitors but its all about the holiday spirit. :D

I've been very pleased with passerby's and neighbors anticipation and reponses I have received throughout this year. I've also noticed a lot more participation of others decorating this year. I had once an older lady give me a roll of Mentos to give me energy to keep working! I got a big kick out of that.

2nd thank you note tonight. This one was attached to a box of Trader Joes Dark Chocolate Covered Peppermint Joe Joe's!

You need to send some of that spirit this way. I put up new features every year but still get light to very little traffic. I am glad I do this for me and my kids but I would also love to see others enjoying it. Maybe next year it will be time for nothing more then a giant grinch in my yard. :o I dont think it would come to that because i enjoy doing it too much.

Those Grinches are hard to come by, you better start shopping now. I got lucky and found one listed wrong on ebay last year.

and some are very pricey too :D

Redbirdruss what part of town are you located? We were out looking at displays last night in South St. Louis city and ours is in St. Peters and would love to bring the family by sometime this year.

• The topic was locked