Light-O-Rama Forums

Copy and pasting is there an easier (faster) way?

NkySpike65

This is my first year for every thing...

I have been doing all the hardware stuff ( mini tree, Mega trees Leaping light, etc...) and still have a lot to do, now I am getting ready for some of the software part...

This year I will be using sequences that I bought from LOR and if time allows some from other members...

One thing I was messing with was trying to copy and past sequenced channels to make more channels... I have a total of 128 channels, but I will not using all of them this year ( maybe ;) )...

Like one of the sequences I have is for a 32 channel setup, I was able to copy and past the last 16 channels to make it 48 channels... The thing is took forever to copy the whole length of the song from beginning to end, even if I did one channel it took a long time...

let's say I have a 32 channel controller is there a faster short cut that will let me copy channel 5 sequences and past it in channels 20 location, so 5 and 20 have the same sequences?

Thanks

under edit click select row. than click copy. for every row you want to be the same click paste. or when you get a copied sequence. add 32 channels above the first channels. you'll have all timing below at the 33 channel. than copy row and paste away.

Attached files 138828=8266-sig1lor9mm.gif

Another way to copy a row is to click on the first box of the row. Drag the slider to the end of the sequence. Hold down the shift key and click on the last box of the row. You can use this method to copy whole sections of a sequence.

Hint: Don't press the shift key until you have moved the sequence to the end or it will drag slowly.

You can also select the first cell and then press shift + end to select the entire row. You can then press shift + up or down arrow to select the rows above or below the selected row.

Ok, now a new question has come up...

As you see from the pictures that I added just one new channel and copied and pasted channel 16 to it...

Every time I do this I get the same effect, the new pasted channels display is not as bright as the original... Any ideals?

Sorry for picture quality...

SP32-20070828-000047(Medium).jpg

cp002.jpg

I suspect the new channel is simply a different colour than your exiting channels. You can set the channel colours to represent the colours of your lights.

Click on the channel button and click on "change channel color"

Alternately, you can confirm this by switching to "View Fades As Ramps" by clicking on the ramp icon beside the "View Animation" button.

Thanks,

That's what it was...

Took a look at the other channels colors and change the new channel to match the others, all looks the same now...