Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR and Zara Radio

CKSedg

I hope someone can help me. I have Zara Radio, and can make it work fine when my LOR show is not running. What I want to do is run Zara within the LOR show, so I can have it make time and temperature announcements between sequences. Can anyone tell me how to do that? Or is it possible?

I have searched the forums and the internet and can't find anything about this specific application. Thanks for your help.

Don, thanks. I read your document earlier. I can't find anything in it about using Zara within LOR; only how to use it before or after an LOR show. Maybe I just don't understand???

Didn't see the 'within' part of your question.

First thought would be to use the DTMF tones to trigger Zara and stop it at certain times of the show. You'd probably have to tinker with it some to get it to do it, but I think it would work.

I'll try something and see if I can get it to work. I don't particularly like those tones playing, but that's the nature of Zara Radio.

Thanks, Don.

I have programs that start/stop Zara by sending windows commands to Zara. It's much better than the DTMF tones but requires Zara to be running. It's reliable for what I do but you would require a lot more work as you would want one playlist for after hours and another for during the show. My fear is that it would not work reliably and you would have stuff playing when it shouldn't or blank spaces of time. Also if you use the temp file from Kevin he has extra comments in them that varies the length.

You might be better off writing your own program if you are technical in nature than using Zara.

I was afraid of what you are saying. I can't write my own program, but maybe my son can. Thanks for your help. I like Kevin's file the best, but I have others that I could use, also.