Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights shut off, but show continues to run

David Rise

Happened to me twice tonight. I look out the window to darkness. The music is still playing, but the lights are off. All breakers and GFCI's are green.

All it takes is for me to shut down the show and then restart it and the show comes back to life.

Any ideas what would cause this?

Did you copy the error log from the Control Panel? Was there anything in there?

I'll get the error log if it happens again. I was a little panicky checking breakers, and what not. But I think it's because I redid the show and added a couple of voice over sequences that were using my old channel configuration. I have since fixed them and will check it tonight.

I am experiencing this same problem.

At random points in the show, everything goes dark and the audio continues. At some point in the sequence, lights come back on and everything works fine. Occassionally, it only effects two of my six controllers. I have had an issue where the music gets into a short loop like a broken record.

I am running LOR 3.8 on an XP box with 1GB of RAM. This problem occurrs especially with a sequence that I have used for 5 years. It is a very simple sequence to go along with an intro story about my display. Other than changing the configuration file, the sequence has not changed.

Happened to me twice tonight. I look out the window to darkness. The music is still playing, but the lights are off. All breakers and GFCI's are green.

All it takes is for me to shut down the show and then restart it and the show comes back to life.

Any ideas what would cause this?

Mine was simple. I added 2 voiceovers from last year and were using last years channel config. CB16 doesn't play well when that controller number was assigned to a CCR last year.....YIKES!

imported the new channel config and works like a champ.

If I tweak a sequence in mid season, I always rebuild the entire show. I am not sure how LOR associates the files for the shows. I ahve even rebooted the PC just for good measure.

The question to ask is how many controllers and are they all hardwired or ELL'd?

I had a problem close to that but my was a MP3 file was the wrong MP3 file. I mistakenly used the original MP3 with a shorten Sequence. so when the Sequence was done the MP3 continued to play till it was complete. then the next sequance would start. I'm using a Mini Director Just an FYI.