Light-O-Rama Forums

Our first LOR video

sirrob28

Hey guys, well here's the first video. We are using 48 channels. Had 64 channels planned but one box didn't work so had to do some quick re-wiring. It doesn't look to bad, the cam work could be better.Check it out its to Rihanna's We Found Love.

10 ft high Mega Fan-3600 lights

24 ft high Mega Tree- 6400 lights

10 ft high heart- 2500 lights

House -3800 lights

and one CCR star

Looks good, really like the fan.

How did you manage to make that? it really looks good,

the mega tree looks great..

But the Fan looks really nice... plz, details on this..

Lou

Thanks guys, Well the fan went something like this. We took 18 -10ft 1/2 pvc and drilled 100 holes in each one going all the way thru them, just make sure the lights fit thru the hole. One good tip is that if possible drill the hole a a slight angle it will help hold the light in the hole. Then we split the pvc using a table saw into 2 pieces giving us 36 poles of light. We used 3 poles per channel so we had 12 channels for the fan. Now to create the fan shape we connected 2-10ft 3/4 PVC together and just created an arch using rebars to hold it in place. Then we just screwed the poles into the pvc arch. The low center piece we just used 2 elbows and made an upside down U to screw the bottoms of the poles to. it was pretty easy to make, just took some time. You will want a drill press to do all this drilling,lol

• Like 1

Fantastic. What alot of work you put into it.

But I will say that the end product really looks great.

I think I will copy it if you don't mind..

I don't have a drill press, but thats OK, I will try.

Thanx for sharing..

Lou

it was def alot of work, I can't imagine drilling all those holes by hand, we did one pole then went to Harbor Freight and purchased a press for $60 bucks, Good luck Lou, keep me posted

Seems to me that single color or RGB led ribbon on square tubing would be a whole lot easier unless you already have the lights. I like the heart. Are the lights mounted in a sheet?

That would have been easier, but we had all the lights so just found a way to use them. The heart which is also made with PVC has green plastic chicken wire attached to it which holds the lights very nicely. We drilled two holes in the top of the 2x4 and slide the pipes down the holes and just folded them over, it made a perfectly shaped heart. We used alot of pvc in our displays. One thing that isn't in the video and seems to be alot of people's favorite is the arches over the driveway. We did 5 arches and attached lights, those drip lights, and some stars. I will have to get a video of that also. The only bummer was the arches were supposed to be hooked up to the last box and since that didn't work they are on all the time.

I love it when people use their brains to come up with something unique.

What sort of press do I get from Harbor Freight.

Please post a video of the arches, I would like to see them.

I have a very location challenged frontage so anything unique is great for me.

All I have is 70ft front, wall and 7 Palm Trees, so I have to use my imagination.

Ta

Lou

Looks GREAT ....

Suggestion ... You may be planning on this already .... You can take your video into a number of different video design software packages, turn off the audio on the video and superimpose the original audio file .. it will give you crystal clear audio to go along with the video.

My 2c worth !

Dave

Thanks guys. Dave, what software would you suggest? And Lou, I will take some pics or vids of the arches tonight and see if I can get them on here. I just finished doing a sequence for Gangnam style and if all goes right on DEC.15th a bunch of people want to to the dance under the arches led by Santa, the Grinch and Elmo. These are all charactors that we use for our food drive on Fridays and Saturdays. Check it out on our website.

www.colonylanelights.webs.com

Thanx, I'll wait for the vids and pics.

What a coincidence, I just finished sequencing Gangnam also and it actually

goes live tonight.

But if I have people dancing to it in the street, they will get ran over..

I have a very busy road in front of me.

Ta

Lou

That could be a problem,lol The Gangnam sequence came out pretty good, if all goes good with the weather I will try to video it tonight. Its going to get real interesting here next saturday with this, alot of people want to come to do this dance, and I just was contacted by a guy who has a group that wants to do a flash mob. I may be getting into this way over my head,lol, but its all in the fun of Christmas....so we just go with it.

Well here is the video the the Gangnam under the arches. Something happened to the cam, the vid came out way to dark :( we had done all kinds of testing on it and found the right settings but some how they got changed I guess. But anyways the kids had a great time and so did all the parents. it caused a rather large traffic jam,lol

Thanks Lou, it was a great time. We actually had record donations for our food drive, collected over 150 bags of groceries which beat our record last year and that was done the weekend before Christmas so I get the feeling this coming up weekend is going to crazzzzzzzyyyyyyyyy to say the least,lol

• The topic was locked