Light-O-Rama Forums

Why can't I find......

MikeyRo

Last weekend my brother showed me a video of this guys display and was so excited to show it to me. My brother is not a LOR guy but he is one of my biggest fans. So, when he showed it to me I thought Yap, That's Pretty big.... I then asked if he had seen Kevin Dunn's house. So I showed him Kevin's Party Rockin video and He was more impressed with that and we spent the next 45 minutes watching all Kevin's videos.  

I am More impressed with what people do with less. You know the saying Less is more.

I'm not knocking Mr. Loya's Display but it's not my taste.  

I agree, when you have an unlimited budget you can do all sorts of wild things.  I am more impressed with those of us that do more with less (make 16 channels look like 64, etc.).

I totally agree. Kevin's display is the reason I got in to this hobby. I personally think Kevin's displays are much better and much better to watch. Just the shear size of this display is pretty awesome, but not as good.

• 1 month later...

I totally agree. Kevin's display is the reason I got in to this hobby. I personally think Kevin's displays are much better and much better to watch. Just the shear size of this display is pretty awesome, but not as good.

I thank you for the kind words. Glad to hear that a few of you (and I'm sure LOR is too) join our little community from my displays. I for one think Fred Loya is over the top...but I like over the top. I'm impressed on how everything is tracked and sync. That many pixels is just mind boggling. I heard these same words about my display with Party Rock in 2011, but now my display seems like small potatoes compare to several I’ve seen in the past 2 years. I had 1100 channels at that time which many thought was crazy. Now several of you have 4000 channels for just one tree. I did read some article that $50K was spend on the display. With that kind of budget….anything is possible.

Here are a couple of over the top big budget displays I like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNPKVNF1jnE

Edited by CLD Kevin

And the reason why I personally started…and was wayyyyyy over the top at that time.

And another reason why I wanted to make mine better:

I agree with Kevin when I saw wilson on the tv It blew me away I said that some day I will do that now here I am

I agree with Kevin when I saw wilson on the tv It blew me away I said that some day I will do that now here I am

same here!!

• The topic was locked