Light-O-Rama Forums

Having a variable show start time

ryebred

I should have asked this before my show kickoff tonight. The past two years I have had trouble herding everyone outside from our indoor party to the lightshow in time for the show to start at 6:00. Doesn't matter how early I start warning everyone, people dont seem to move until I tell them it starts in 2 minutes. So this year I tried to enable the schedule only after most people were outside and I had made an announcement about the display and the show. The plan was to have a show with 3 new sequences and at the conclusion it would jump to my all lights on show which includes several demented elf announcements.

The way LOR works is if my show is 8 minutes long and I schedule it to run from 6:00 to 6:08 and the all on sequence to start at 6:08 to 6:30, as long as the last song in the show starts before 6:08, it will play the last song and finish it before going to the all on show. The last song in my show was 2 minutes and 30 seconds long so I needed to enable the show between 6:00:00 to 6:02:30 in order for all three songs to play. I did not succeed in that. I started it at 6:02:50. So two songs played and it went to the all on show.

What would be really nice is if two shows collide then you could have the ability to specify which one is priority and it would finish that one before starting the second show. That would allow me to start the show anytime between 6:00 and 6:30 and have it finish before proceeding with the schedule.

Can anyone else think of a way I could have done it differently to get my plan to work for the kickoff show?

For my kick off show I don't schedule a show for the exact reason you just said. This year my pre-show actually started almost an hour late. Once I get everyone outside I use the show on demand to start the show that way I don't have to worry about schedules. .

With the show on demand functionilty, it will only play one show right? So at the conclusion of my kickoff show, all lights would go off and then I would have to manually enable the schedule to transition to my all lights on show?

If there isn't a better method, I may have to do this next year and just put up with a 10 second lights off lag while I run into the garage and enable the schedule on the computer..

I'd suggest not doing this as 2 separate shows. Put your 3 songs in the startup section of the Show Builder. And your animation sequence in the animation section. Run is as a single show. It'll play the 3 songs, one at a time. And then it'll loop your animation sequence until the next show is set to start.