Light-O-Rama Forums

It has to be the computer.

420greg

I tired 3 different controllers and 4 cables and no matter what auto port detection fails. Says can not find controller.

I can see the FT23R USB UART in the device manager. And windows says it is working properly.

I have tried to re-install CDM20814_setup. That is what got me up and running last year.

What are some of the things try when it looks like the pc is the problem?

I did FTDI clean last night.

Reinstalled everything.

Tried a manual port config.

Still no matter what flashing red light on all 3 controllers.

I am starting to think it is the RJ45 side of the USB485. The chip must be ok since the pc is seeing it correctly.

Go into the Device Manager, open Ports, check the port assignment for the -485, it has to be Comm 10 or less.

Is that the actual LOR RS485 device you are using or a generic USB --> RS485? They are not the same and it will not work for any reason.

If it is the LOR 485 dongle and not a generic, open the HU, do -not- use Auto Assign but use the comm port listed (once you have manually assigned it to Comm 10 or less) in the pull down menu. Once you have done that, click on the Console button. chose your unit number in the pulldown menu (bottom left) then move the Master slider, do the lights work?

Go into the Device Manager, open Ports, check the port assignment for the -485, it has to be Comm 10 or less.

The device manager shows it is on comm 4.

Is that the actual LOR RS485 device you are using or a generic USB --> RS485? They are not the same and it will not work for any reason.

It is from LOR.

If it is the LOR 485 dongle and not a generic, open the HU, do -not- use Auto Assign but use the comm port listed (once you have manually assigned it to Comm 10 or less) in the pull down menu. Once you have done that, click on the Console button. chose your unit number in the pulldown menu (bottom left) then move the Master slider, do the lights work?

No lights. The led on the 1602 is blinking steady red.

I am thinking it is a physical issue with the USBRS485, but the pc is identifying it correctly, so it is not like the chip is fried.

When you updated the drivers were you on a wireless connection or a hard wired connection? I ask because I have had better luck with LOR stuff on a hard wired connection.