Light-O-Rama Forums

Emergency

holidayhangups

I need help... I set up my show for 384 channels everything is great the way i set my sequences is fine as well but i need to change all my channels to the right controllers. I have 24 controllers and would have to go threw each song and change all 384 channels to match. i have done this already on one song but takes for ever... is there a way to copy and paste or something like that that i can speed this up...Super important show starts tonight and need someones help.. Thanks so much

WHats the chances of u call ing me or can i call u and walk me threw that.. i know how to import and export the channel configurations just want to make sure i dont delete somethings if thats okay

might be a little confussed here.. I need to change all the channel properties

Guest wbottomley

WHats the chances of u call ing me or can i call u and walk me threw that.. i know how to import and export the channel configurations just want to make sure i dont delete somethings if thats okay

might be a little confussed here.. I need to change all the channel properties

Start reading here. It will tell you what to do.

It's very simple (albeit tedius - see my feature request post from yesterday regarding that):

1) Open up a LOR sequence where you have made the correct channel assignments

2) Edit menu -> Export Channel Config, save to a .lcc file

3) Close this sequence, open the next one that needs to be corrected

4) Edit Menu -> Import Channel Config, select the .lcc file from step 2

5) Repeat steps 3&4 for each remaining file

It's very simple (albeit tedius - see my feature request post from yesterday regarding that):

1) Open up a LOR sequence where you have made the correct channel assignments

2) Edit menu -> Export Channel Config, save to a .lcc file

3) Close this sequence, open the next one that needs to be corrected

4) Edit Menu -> Import Channel Config, select the .lcc file from step 2

5) Repeat steps 3&4 for each remaining file

However.. is it not important that the channels in the sequences all be in the same order before importing the configuration? I had an instance where I had a few channels that I moved around, (stupid me) and imported the config and those channel timings where all screwed up.

However.. is it not important that the channels in the sequences all be in the same order before importing the configuration? I had an instance where I had a few channels that I moved around, (stupid me) and imported the config and those channel timings where all screwed up.

Yes, this is true. If you swap things around, you have to do it by hand.

Don't swap things around :)

You keep your Master track the same. Always. Always. Always. Add new channels to the end. Then create other tracks to move channels around and group. them. This will make it so you can export your channel configuration/properties and then import them again maintaining your sanity.

• Like 2