Light-O-Rama Forums

DMX - how to see visually in grid?

eldoradoboy

I have developed my show in MADRIX and am using LOR to control it remotely, which works great..

HOWEVER. I want to be able to see my DMX settings in the grid... when i add a DMX intensity it is added to the grid however theres no visual indication of it.. ie the block doesnt change color.. so I set DMX intensity to 2 or 4 and my grid still looks blank.. im contstantly having to hover the mouse over where i thought i made a change to find it..

is there any better way with DMX to see ? when controlling MADRIX many of my values are low... since im not using an LOR network ive created a second channel as a visual only but its a bit of a kludge...

-Christopher

Try stretching th blocks/grid vertically. The double arrows pointing away from each other. I've noticed that intensities that low are hard to see

I tried stretching out the grid as far as I could.. I was hopi g maybe it would show the intensity in the grid or such.. but it didnt.

With MADRIX there are many remote control options available and they base off of the DMX intensity you set so makes it hard if I always have to hover over the area where I think I made an effect.. or have to have another channel that I set the intensity to 100% just to see where i made a change....

is there any other way to make a block change color in the grid?

-Christopher