Light-O-Rama Forums

Divide and Conquer?

jaanth

My next door neighbor and I are teaming up this year to install LOR on both our displays, with a shared mega tree on the property line.

Can we each sequence the same song for our individual houses, and then combine them into a single sequence for the show?

I can't find a way to do it in LOR I, and in reading the description of LOR II features, I read about Tracks, and thought this may be able to solve the problem but was unclear.

Is there a way to combine sequences in LOR I ?

Is it planned that we will be able to build two separate LOR I sequences (with no duplicate channels, only one of us to sequence the mega tree) and combine them in LOR II?

Thanks,

jaanth

Here's how to do it in LOR I.

Note:
Each sequence MUST have the same event marks. Period. Once you set the timing grid NEITHER party can change them. If you do, it won't work.

The short version is that you create a sequence that covers each house. Then you each go back and program a separate copy of the file for your house.

Then, when you decide to combine the two sequences, you'd simply cut/paste the events into the master sequence.