Light-O-Rama Forums

Licence level question

Papa6058

Newbie here, first year. I got 3 controllers (48 channels) and standard level licence. My question is: at what point is the advanced a benefit? Or is it now. What are you guys doing with Advanced that you could not with standard. The name standard does not do justice for the fact it is 2nd best level.

I am using standard as well,here is a comparision of the software side by side http://www.lightorama.com/ShowtimeSoftwareSuite.html I know in the future I will need advanced and really should have got it ,but hard to convince the wifey to get something I did not really need.I will say that the step up from basic or even basic plus is a big step.I really enjoy the startup and shutdown sequences

Basically if you're serious about your display, get advanced. It's a one-time cost... Then you don't have to worry about adding anything, including DMX devices and generic pixels. Plus the Beat Wizard is a huge time saver when sequencing.

Advanced also unlocks all the features of the software such as the Beat Wizard, etc.

Beat Wizard is the answer I am looking for, I will up grade after I order more lights for next years display although everyone loves my Mega Spiral Tree it needs a LOT more lights!

Additionally, pretty sure you cant add Instant Sequencer to less than Advanced Level. Add in your props (mini/mega trees, arches, lawn lights, etc), and it makes instant sequences.

I am using standard as well,here is a comparision of the software side by side http://www.lightoram...twareSuite.html I know in the future I will need advanced and really should have got it ,but hard to convince the wifey to get something I did not really need.I will say that the step up from basic or even basic plus is a big step.I really enjoy the startup and shutdown sequences

for me it is about running a pc of software "wide open", don't like moving along and needing to do something just to find out "that is in the advance license". For me I tend to run into those issues at the most inopportune time and don't have the patience to "wait until 10am Monday".