Light-O-Rama Forums

Need help bad

bamaman71

I have 5 boxes and box number 1 the lights will not cut off. Even during the day they are on. They are not on 100 percent. When I run show they stay on but show runs great. Any ideas?

unplug the box and plug it back in..works for me when my lights "stick"...

+1. Happened to me a couple of nights ago and after unplugging the controller, then plugging it back up, no problem since.

Are these LEDs that remain glowing faintly? Check to make sure your power is now swapped somewhere. Get a volt meter and shove one lead into the ground. Take second lead and touch it to the fuse holder if it is a PC board or the screw terminal on the commerical controllers. What we are trying to do is confirm that the hot lead is actually the hot lead. So if you read say 50 volts or more (hopefully 120), then things are wire correctly. If it is more likely say 10 volts or less then it is surely backwards and your applying the hot to the neutral and neutral to the hot terminal of your control board. This can cause LEDs to faintly glow all day and night. And will go full on when commanded to do so in the show. Find where the wiring has been reversed and correct the error. And before any wise guy ask, "What about if the voltage is between 10 and 50?" Well it would have to take in account the moisture level of the ground and make a call from there. So, I was leaving a little lea way in my suggestion.