Light-O-Rama Forums

Panic Panic - FM Transmitter died

asetti

1) So the Whole House TX I bought in Feb ( i know I know....bad choice) died and i do not have a backup. EDM is not accepting new orders unit Jan.

i need an FM transmitter STAT!! and I WILL NOT buy another WHole House POS. Any ideas?

2) Also it appers the Line in to the WHTx is not receiving the input. then broadcast is there, but only silence. the music is coming out of the cable when I hook it to something else. If anyone has some repair thoughts I would apprciate it.

Ask TJ Hvasta...

There's one that I know guys use you can get off Amazon, EBay that seems to work well. Had a friend buy one for his house and it works great but can't remember off the top of my head which one.

I'll see if i can find it....

Edited by dknahoolewa

The one on the ebay is the unit that everyone likes. The one that I can drop in the mail is the c crane. You also might be able to pick up a c crane from a ham shop localy

Shake the cable that send the audio into the wholehouse and see if there is a short. If so you can re solder this part in.

I use the CZH-05B 100mw/500mw transmitter. It works great. Can find them on eBay for about $60. I'd get one from a U.S. seller so it gets here quicker. From china it took about 25-30 days for me.

You could also call Adam at www.dagcoelectronics.com he is out of Indiana and his customer services is great. And he'll get it in the mail today.

Where are you located? Maybe one of us is close by and has a spare transmitter to help out until your new one arrives...

Since your transmitter died, that brings up a good question. Do you have a backup plan?

Very good point. I have a backup controller but no backup transmitter. I do have speakers to the front yard if needed but they rely on the FM transmitter. I could easily run a line to the amp in the garage and have the speakers run. Will have to think about a backup transmitter. Currently I'm using the EDM-RDS which is working perfectly.

I had backup everything (Computer, tx, controller, cables LED, Generator for power failure)... Only catch is that controler and some of the strings made it into the show :D . I could still work around with a bunch of cables.. Some of the backup parts have accumulated when I replaced them with other / better equipment. Only failure so far have been cheap 40 W LED bulbs...