Light-O-Rama Forums

ABC Show Casting Call "Lights, Camera, Christmas"

CLD Kevin

I put in for it. I don't have any drama in our video or in real life.

Just was contacted about the next stage. (More questions)

Not too many days left to do what they're wanting to do. Right after the new years it all comes down till next year. You better hurry boys....

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Orville

• rainyoregonchristmas

• HiTechLights

• CLD Kevin

Well they wanted me to reshoot some video, but it all has to be in by Thursday 12/20/2012 for inclusion, I'm just ignoring the e-mail for additional video and letting it go. I don't have time this time of year to be fooling around with trying to make an audition video for some Christmas show anyway. Got too much going on with other things I'm innvolved in this time of year.

So I'm staying out of it and off the radar, and they can just forget about my mediocre display.

I spoke with the/a casting agent over the phone about them wanting video and me not having time. He basiclly said that he/they would take anything/nothing I gave them. I think that they know their under the gun for time now...

SO are they casting for more than one show? I have heard several different versions of what is going on. It makes me either start to wonder of the validity of the call, or that they just totally not sure what they are doing at this point. In one spot I see they have shot video of a display, in another I read it's a contest (like voting for the most outrageous) In another, it is said it is a competition (sounds like America's got talent ) Then in another someone says it is about the drama of the process (like American chopper).

I am so seriously confused.

AND they dangle the C word.

(Cash)

Edited by rainyoregonchristmas

SO are they casting for more than one show? I have heard several different versions of what is going on. It makes me either start to wonder of the validity of the call, or that they just totally not sure what they are doing at this point. In one spot I see they have shot video of a display, in another I read it's a contest (like voting for the most outrageous) In another, it is said it is a competition (sounds like America's got talent ) Then in another someone says it is about the drama of the process (like American chopper).

I am so seriously confused.

AND they dangle the C word.

(Cash)

Just one show, but you're pretty much accurate on the rest, they have so many blurbages {is that even a word?} out there describing so many different aspects, I think it actually entails everything about each of those show types you mentioned. At least that's how I see it too.

Are you still confused? :huh:;)

Local ABC channel 27 out of Tallahassee florida contacted me and will air on the 23rd at 3pm. They filmed for 3 hours and I have a 2 minute shot on a show called Our Town. First time ever hit the big channels around here.

Well they wanted me to reshoot some video, but it all has to be in by Thursday 12/20/2012 for inclusion, I'm just ignoring the e-mail for additional video and letting it go. I don't have time this time of year to be fooling around with trying to make an audition video for some Christmas show anyway. Got too much going on with other things I'm innvolved in this time of year.

So I'm staying out of it and off the radar, and they can just forget about my mediocre display.

Did you get a followup email from the casting/producers? What followup questions did they ask you?

---Michael

Never got anything except an email telling me when they would be here. This will not be the same show as Cracker is talking about. This ABC local channel doing a show on displays around me.

Did you get a followup email from the casting/producers? What followup questions did they ask you?

---Michael

Don't know if they have or not. Haven't checked that e-mail account for a couple days from when they sent the reshoot video request.

Edited by Orville

We were contacted via phone. It sounds like this thread is talking about 2 different things. It sounds like one of the local affiliates is doing a show. And then there is the one for the national program they are putting together. The phone call included requests for more information, videos and pictures. I will post when we find out more.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I'm curious. Many of us have taken down our displays. Dried out the lights. And a few maybe are programming again for this years show. But where did this casting call go? Anyone heard anything in recent weeks. I'm just curious there was so much hubbub about it and now not a whisper.

Sorry for chiming in so late. I received the same e-mail, twice in the second e-mail said we are waiting for your response.

Here is a copy of the first e-mail I received. I didn't think it was right to post their phone number so I edited that out.

It also seemed a little strange to me, so I declined.

also I have enough going on and have learned my lesson with having TV shows or stations or newscasters at my house. I actually feel that having a show at my house would be a detriment to me. Especially if they try to depict me or my home as a nuisance to the community, which I think we have all seen done to some of the great people and displays here. or some kind of driving hazard. I worry enough about all the neighbors around me every night when my lights turn on wondering who might finally snap and complained to the town or to me. So the one thing I've decided to do unless it's something simple like a weather report from my house, which has happened in the past quite a few times from the local news media, I just say thanks but no thanks.

Dear Ralph,

My name is Kristina Hauser and I'm a casting director working on a new show for ABC. We are looking for houses that go all out with decorations and light for Christmas, and we came across yours. Here is a little about the show:

NOW CASTING THE BEST AND BRIGHTEST CHRISTMAS DECORATED HOMES!

Do you have the most elaborate and outrageously decorated home each holiday season?

Are you the envy of your neighborhood?

Do people come from miles around to look at your decorated house?

If you answered yes to any of these questions then you are exactly what we're looking for. Contact us right away at ChristmasShowCasting@gmail.com with your name, address, contact info and photos of your decorated house from this year or previous years. Please include your city and state in the subject line. All submissions become the property of producer. A small number of houses from across the country will be selected to compete for a cash prize!

Please give us a call ASAP!

--

The Casting Team

Lights, Camera, Christmas!

• 7 months later...

So, curious if anyone made the cut? 

Will we see any familiar faces on the TV during Christmas?

sorry   no offense but kinda looks suspicious to me why tell  age name OCCUPATION  and other stuff  my neighbor called fox 6 on me last year and the next thing I know they were out there checking it out and they said its with my permission that they can show this but they don't give an address or anything just the general area you are in

So, curious if anyone made the cut? 

Will we see any familiar faces on the TV during Christmas?

At this point, anyone that did make the cut would be in violation of their legal agreement with ABC Network if they even mention anything about the show or their involvement.  Furthermore, subjecting them to civil penalties and/or disqualification from the show.  So I don't think we'll hear much from them now.  But good luck to them all.

---Michael

Edited by HiTechLights

Well, I was curious anyway.  For giggles I submitted an app. they asked me for some videos, and asked me some "What if qts" then communication ceased.  No thank you's or anything.  Just stopped responding...  Kinda told me a lot about how things were run. 

Well, we'll see in December I guess.

Well, I was curious anyway.  For giggles I submitted an app. they asked me for some videos, and asked me some "What if qts" then communication ceased.  No thank you's or anything.  Just stopped responding...  Kinda told me a lot about how things were run. 

Pretty typical.... that's showbiz for you!   They must receive thousands of responses and typically will only respond to those they are interested in.  I know when you put in the time to do videos, fillout paperwork, and answer questions the LEAST they could do is just reply.

---Michael

At this point, anyone that did make the cut would be in violation of their legal agreement with ABC Network if they even mention anything about the show or their involvement.  Furthermore, subjecting them to civil penalties and/or disqualification from the show.  So I don't think we'll hear much from them now.  But good luck to them all.

---Michael

Good Lord.  The contest was announced in November 2012, and winners will be announced in Dec 2013?!?  Whatever happened to good old fashioned instant gratification? :blink:

It is put on by ABC the makers of Extreme Home Makeover, what if they get your info first... then plan and plan and bide their time then on December 1st a Santa Sleigh shows up at your front door.  And Santa himself screams through a bullhorn "GOOD MORNING(INSERT NAME HERE) FAMILY..."

Then you're given a wad of cash and just two weeks to build and set up a display at a public building somewhere in town.  What if that IS the show... would be quite a challenge.

Come to think about it, that would be quite a show and they said it was going to be some sort of contest.