Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR, CCP, and regular controllers in same universe?

eldoradoboy

can i use a CCR, a CCP, and 3 controllers in the same universe?.. the way I look at it, is I have 512 channels to work with..

so I have in my setup.

ID 1 PC controller

ID 2 PC controller

ID 3 DC controller..

if I say make my CCR. ID 4

then my CCP ID 5..

how do I map out the channels? it looks like they stomp on each other? reading the docs for using regular controllers in DMX, you can keep adressing them on up till you run out..

but how does this work if you put in a CCR or CCP...

to me it seems I would have a total of 498 channels with the setup I want to run.... Just have to get the Mapping correct...

has anyone done this? or do you set up separate universes..

-Christopher

can i use a CCR, a CCP, and 3 controllers in the same universe?.. the way I look at it, is I have 512 channels to work with..

so I have in my setup.

ID 1 PC controller

ID 2 PC controller

ID 3 DC controller..

if I say make my CCR. ID 4

then my CCP ID 5..

how do I map out the channels? it looks like they stomp on each other? reading the docs for using regular controllers in DMX, you can keep adressing them on up till you run out..

but how does this work if you put in a CCR or CCP...

to me it seems I would have a total of 498 channels with the setup I want to run.... Just have to get the Mapping correct...

has anyone done this? or do you set up separate universes..

-Christopher

I am running DMX with controllers and CCR's

The 3 controllers stay at ID's 1, 2 & 3 (DMX Universe 1 Channels 1-48)

The CCR stays at ID 4 now the CCR is not just 16 channels but in the LOR world for DMX has to be 160 channels (150 RGB + 7 macro+ 3 extra channels) The CCR controller must also be configured in the Hardware Utility as "RGB Only" which will disable the macros. This has to be done to maintain that the RGB channels stay at channesl 1-150 in the sequence editor, if you leave the macro mode enabled then the first RGB channel will start at channel 17 and you must change the channels in SE, with Macro mode ON, the first 7 channels are the macro channels then 3 blank channels.

In SE assign DMX Universe 1 Channels 161-208

The CCB will be ID OE ( 3 controllers = 48 + 1 CCR = 160 = 208) so the CCB starts at DMX channels 209. I do not have any CCB's but would think the CCB's would work like the CCR, that the Marcro mode would need to be disabled.

In SE assign DMX Universe 1 channels 209- xxx, not to exceed 512.

LOR does everything in base 16 of ID's.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Dennis Cherry

this is perfect! im not using the LOR sequence editor so i just need to first go into the HU and make my ribon and pixels RGB only.. then they just work like any other RGB DMX 3 channel device? sweet.. should fit right into MADRIX then as 3 channel DMX fixtures..

thank you

-christopher

• The topic was locked