Light-O-Rama Forums

Schedule Editor and Shows

Kyle Whitaker

So I've always been annoyed by the tricks I've played in the past to get my shows to run the way I want to. I play 1 show (not repeating) every 1/2 hour. In the past I set up a 20 minute show with 20 minutes of musical sequences, a 1 minute looping background projector sequence (to power it up and then shut it down, and a 5 minute animation sequence. Then I set it to start (for example) at 6:00pm and end at 6:23pm. At 6:00 the background sequence starts the projector and the musical sequences start. After 20 minutes (give or take with loading sequences) the animation kicks off. At 6:23 the show shuts down the animation sequence and the projector.

I read another post this year that you can use just the startup section and the show will run once without looping. Something in the back of my mind tells me that I tried that years past and something about it caused a problem but I cannot recall what. It does make timing the start/stop times and the animation sequence (especially if you are mixing up the shows easier; however, the projector still runs until the end time.

So... what is the best way to start/stop a projector and run a show ONCE from start to finish and then stop running until the next time slot?

For what you are trying to do, I will tell you what I would do. I am assuming that your projector takes a finite amount of time to turn on, so there must be a little delay from projector turn on until you can use it to display video in a sequence. For the sake of this discussion, I am going to assume 15 seconds. I am going to give several different suggestions (depends on what you need to do).

Option 1

A 15 second "startup" sequence that does nothing except power up the projector. Put that sequence in the "startup" tab AND in the "Background" tab.

All your musical sequences go into the "Musical" tab

Create a 10 minute animation sequence that does nothing. Put that as the LAST sequence in the "Musical" tab.

Schedule your shows to be a minute or two longer than the musical sequences (for example 1700 - 1724, then 1730 - 1754, etc)

The startup sequence has only one channel in it - the projector.

The musical sequences DO NOT have the channel for the projector.

The closing animation sequence has only one channel that is not used (for example controller F0, channel 1)

This example would shut the projector off for 6 minutes between shows.

I would not use this option

Option 2

A 15 second "startup" sequence that does nothing except power up the projector. Put that sequence in the "startup" tab.

Create a 10 minute animation sequence that does nothing. Put that as the LAST sequence in the "Musical" tab.

Schedule your shows to be a minute or two longer than the musical sequences (for example 1700 - 1724, then 1730 - 1754, etc)

The musical sequences DO have the channel for the projector and it is ALWAYS turned on.

The closing animation sequence has only one channel that is not used (for example controller F0, channel 1)

This example would shut the projector off for 6 minutes between shows.

I would not use this option

Option 3

A 15 second "startup" sequence that does nothing except power up the projector. Put that sequence in the "startup" tab.

Schedule your shows to immediately follow each other (for example 1700 - 1730, then 1730 - 1800, etc)

The musical sequences DO have the channel for the projector and it is ALWAYS turned on.

The closing animation sequence has only one channel in it - the projector and it IS turned on.

This example would leave the projector on until the end of the last show.

This is the option that I would use. I don't like the idea of turning the projector on and off every half hour.

Options 1 & 2 do the same thing, but accomplish it a little differently.