Light-O-Rama Forums

No lights.

MVV123

I just installed my LOR Pro series starter package with 50ft Cat 5 cable,USB485, and advanced software. I installed the driver for the adapter and registerd the software. I supplied the unit with independent 15 anp sircuits. I used the quick start guide instructions. My computer finds the adapter and my adapter finds the unit. But when I test the system no lights come on. Haven't tried running a sequence yet. Help!!

Use the Harware program in LOR to test with. In there, it needs to find or know the comm port number, then it should be able to identify the unit(s) when you tell it to "Refresh". Once it has the units listed, you can select the unit, then just below there, turn on all or individual channels as desired.

Oh yes, do not have both the hardware and sequencer programs open at the same time.

Edited by dgrant

Like others, how are you doing your tests?

From the Hardware Utility {HWU} or the Sequence Editor {SE}?

They are the only two programs I know where you can run a test to see if your controller is turning on/off lights, the HWU mainly is used for testing the controllers WITHOUT the need of a sequence file, as well as setting controller ID's and updating Controller Firmware.

The SE for creating and testing the sequence as you program it for your display once you have your controllers set up from the HWU.

Trying to test the lights in the hardware utility. It finds the comm port 4. Then when i refresh it states found 1 unit (01 - 32LD-G3 Ver 1.05). The controller display reads L-01. I'm assuming now if I push the test button in the hardware utility it will turn on the selected channels.