Light-O-Rama Forums

comm1 error

rhinoguy30

Hi there wondering if anyone can help me out tonight! I am getting a comm1 error

says port for lor has a problem code 8002

may need to select another port! I tried every usb port and still nothing. ANy suggestions?

Sorry, not familiar with error code 8002. All I got to offer is this. Have you loaded the driver for the adapter? Have only one LOR programs open at a time. Example do not have two or more of the following open at a time. Hardware Utility, Sequencer, Control Panel, or any of the other programs in the menu.

Can you open the LOR Hardware Utility? If you can and are getting this, try setting the comm port manually to another comm port. The USB port shouldn't usually give a comm port error. And have you loaded/installed the FTDI Driver from the LOR CD? If not, the USB LOR adapter can't be found, and that could possibly be what that 8002 error code may be. I seem to recall I got that error a long time ago and I believe it was because I did not have the FTDI Driver installed, and once installed, check for a newer update for it, as you will usually need the newest version of the driver depending on your version of Windows.

I had a flood in my basement this summer and cant find the cd. anyone know were i can get the driver you speak of I remember thats exactly what i need!!!

Can you open the LOR Hardware Utility? If you can and are getting this, try setting the comm port manually to another comm port. The USB port shouldn't usually give a comm port error. And have you loaded/installed the FTDI Driver from the LOR CD? If not, the USB LOR adapter can't be found, and that could possibly be what that 8002 error code may be. I seem to recall I got that error a long time ago and I believe it was because I did not have the FTDI Driver installed, and once installed, check for a newer update for it, as you will usually need the newest version of the driver depending on your version of Windows.

I had a flood in my basement this summer and cant find the cd. anyone know were i can get the driver you speak of I remember thats exactly what i need!!!

Check Windows Update for the FTDI file. That's where I got my latest version from. Tried to upload it here, but due to the 500k limit, couldn't do it, as the zip file I created using the ultra method to make it as small as possible was still 1,333K, well over the 500k limit. Otherwise I'd have posted the one I used here. But mine is also for Windows XP, Vista and other versions of Windows may require a different version. So best to check the Windows Update {look under Hardware} for the latest FTDI driver you need.

Since the FTDI USB Driver is required for the USB485x unit to work, I would think LOR would have it available in their download section of software and firmware downloads. Unfortunately, it wasn't there.