Light-O-Rama Forums

First Post, First Year, First Show

shampooshiper

This is our first year using LOR. I haven't posted, but I have been on the forums A LOT!! I can't thank everyone on here enough for sharing your hard work, ideas, and wisdom with everyone on here. We started with just 16 channels this year. It has been a blast sequencing and getting everything ready (we did start a little late!!!) But once we went lights on, all I have thought about is what I'm going to do next year!! Here is the only video I have so far of this year. Sound is good, video isn't great. I filmed it with my iPhone and I couldn't hardly get the whole yard in frame. The video is a little long, but it is the THX intro, and two songs following it. I haven't taken the time to break everything up into individual videos until I get some better footage. Again, thank you to everyone on here and let us know what you think.

• Like 1

Nice first year with 16 channels. I am impressed with how you got the

into the show. ;)

I asked him if he would just sit at the end of the street and drive by at that exact moment every time the song played, but he wouldn't go for it!! :)

Thank you for all the positive feedback from everyone. I'm going to try and get some better video to get put up. I also added another sequence that I just finished. Can't wait till next year!!

That is an awesome freshman job of it! And yes, it's safe to say you've been bitten by the lighting bug. :) It gets to be almost an obsession and you're not alone in already thinking of things you'd like to add or do different for next year.

Ah, if only the old budget was infinite. LOL

Can't wait to see what you add next year!

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got around to editing a little more video and thought I would share a couple more of our first year.

• 2 weeks later...

I just thought I would share. Yesterday we got our first random thank you card from a family we do not know explaining that they had started a new family tradition of driving around and looking at Christmas lights. They had come by our display and they said their 3 year old daughter still hadn't stopped talking about the "singing Christmas lights"!!! We don't have kids, so the thank you card really made all the work and time completely worth it, even it was just to make that one little 3 year old girl happy!! Anyway, I hope everyone had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year (and get started on this year already!!)

• Like 1

Ok.. that is WAY COOL!.. I mean the THX thing...

I see you did some Christmas songs too! :P

hee hee.. actually great job on all of it.. ...

*mummbling to self*... steal the THX idea...q u i e t l y

Really great job for only 16 channel! Congratulations on your first year, looks great.

Been spending many hours in the forums and have learned a lot. Looking forward to our first year in 2013. So far, since a Christmas, we've picked up around 20,000 on sale lights, got one controller (to get familiar with it), built the Monkhouse portable hole II, working on the "Jump Pole" and doing some wire frames. Yes, we've been busy!!!!

• Like 1

Great job. I think that is the best 16 channel show I've seen yet ! Sequencing looks right on too.

Edited by Jerry

Ok.. that is WAY COOL!.. I mean the THX thing...

I see you did some Christmas songs too! :P

hee hee.. actually great job on all of it.. ...

*mummbling to self*... steal the THX idea...q u i e t l y

I almost didn't do that one! It was one of the last ones I sequenced, and it ended being a hit with most everyone that watched!

Really great job for only 16 channel! Congratulations on your first year, looks great.

Been spending many hours in the forums and have learned a lot. Looking forward to our first year in 2013. So far, since a Christmas, we've picked up around 20,000 on sale lights, got one controller (to get familiar with it), built the Monkhouse portable hole II, working on the "Jump Pole" and doing some wire frames. Yes, we've been busy!!!!

It is definitely addictive! That is all I can think about is what I am going to add for this Christmas. We are going to try to add about 3 more controllers. We want to try out a spiral tree and be able to do some color changes. I'm seriously considering trying a little bit of RGB. I haven't decided if I'm brave enough to jump in or not!

Great job. I think that is the best 16 channel show I've seen yet ! Sequencing looks right on too.

Thank you very much for the kind words!! I didn't start until the first of November and I sequenced everything from scratch except for one song (Wizards in Winter) which I got from LOR. I had 7 songs ready for the first light up the day after Thanksgiving and I added the Christmas mash up, where I mixed a bunch of songs together, around the first of December.

• The topic was locked