Light-O-Rama Forums

fm transmitter

jck46

can someone tell me a good fm transmitter and where i can find it, was going to go with the one from christmas lightshow.com but they are out thanks for the help

Make sure you get the .1w/.5w (100mw/500mw) version, not the 1 watt/5watt.

Set it to Low power. Hold power button, plug in the power cord, the screen will say High, push up/down button until it says Low. High power is over the Part15 FCC limits for Low Power Unlicensed Radio.

Edited by TJ Hvasta

I know everyone LOVES the EDM transmitters but I've used the CZH-05B for two years now and its worked flawlessly. Not bad considering you can get one on ebay for less than $50...

This is my first year, and I bought the CZH-05B from Ebay. Works great. Have it set on low power. Sound quality is pretty darn good, and range is about 1000' from my house. Perfect.

I'm using the EDM-RDS and it works very nicely. Range is about 2-3 blocks on the lowest possible power setting which is ideal for a home display and not get into trouble with the FCC.

• 1 month later...

I just received my CHZ-05B transmitter and am going to set it to low power, but will the transmitter save this low power setting after it is turned off or unplugged? Will I need to set it back to low power every time it is set back up?

I know everyone thinks I'm nuts, but I still love my Belkin Tunecast II. Works great (for years!) and I paid about $8.

http://computerchris...transmitter_Mod

your only nuts if you are the only one that thinks it works,being that you have used it for a couple years must be doing ok, I have used the ebay transmitter the other posters have put on here two years and no problems. I will say that you audio quality is just as important as the transmitter.i got a few songs from shared sites and it sounded like well you know. I ran it through audacity and cleaned it up and know it sound great

I'm in the process of putting my first LOR show together and was a little stumped by the FM transmission thing too at first. After researching things though, I ended up ordering the CZH-058 transmitter from ebay. Expecting to receive it in about a week or so, but for $44.95 with free shipping from China, the price was right! The word of mouth on these is good and reviews are very positive, so we'll see.

Now, on to ordering the controllers, software, buy some extension cords and more lights...yeah, definitely need more lights!

I'm in the process of putting my first LOR show together and was a little stumped by the FM transmission thing too at first. After researching things though, I ended up ordering the CZH-058 transmitter from ebay. Expecting to receive it in about a week or so, but for $44.95 with free shipping from China, the price was right! The word of mouth on these is good and reviews are very positive, so we'll see.

Now, on to ordering the controllers, software, buy some extension cords and more lights...yeah, definitely need more lights!

make sure you read up on cords,you will need a bunch. I used spt 1 for the first time this year(used spt 2 last)

i prefer the spt 1.also wait to buy controllers either during the mad grab sale usually around april to may,or the summer sale around july

and then more extension cords, you can never have enough!