Light-O-Rama Forums

animation plays continuously

Bruce Wallick

I recollect that two years ago, when I ran my last show, the musical portion would run for <30 minutes, then the animation would fill the gap before the next show started every half-hour. This year, although my show setup is the same (animation sequence in animation tab, musical sequences in musical tab) the animation starts up in the beginning and runs concurrently with the musical portion. Needless to say, the results are less than stunning.

I opened a ticket, but was hoping someone here could explain what I was doing wrong, or what changed since 2010.

Thanks,

Bruce

For as long as I can recall (going back to early 2005) the musical and animation tabs will play simultaneously.

If you are wanting an animation filler in your show, add it to the end of your songs in the musical tab. Animation sequences can go in the musical tab, but musical can't go in the animation.

Hello

I have the a question about the animation seq .

If i loop the animation up to 30min , is it possible that the music seq which should start every half an hour , overrides an stop the animaton ?

and after the music seq the animation starts again ?

regards manfred

Hello

I have the a question about the animation seq .

If i loop the animation up to 30min , is it possible that the music seq which should start every half an hour , overrides an stop the animaton ?

and after the music seq the animation starts again ?

regards manfred

If (and only if) you have a show scheduled every 30 minutes.

Example: (NightlyShow.lss)

Song 1 - 2m45s

Song 2 - 3m15s

Song 3 - 2m

Animation 30m

If you have the scheduled every 30 minutes, the animation sequence will stop at the bottom/top of the hour, and the next show will begin.