Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR firing on other controller commands

Medic4417

So this year I added two more 16 channel controllers to my light show. They became #14 #15 and were linked to my 2 CCR's which is #12 #13 but everytime #14 fires on channel 6,7,8,9,10,11 and #15 fires on 11,12,13,14,15,16 they both show up on CCR #13. All the channels are assigned correctly but #13 keeps picking up signal from #14 #15 can anyone help me with this????? Is it a controller issue or a cable issue?

Ok I must be looking in the wrong place, When I open up the hardware utility and then go to #12 controller I don't see anywhere I can choose from legacy or normal... Am I in the right place?

Please stick with a single topic. I'm having the other 3 closed as there is no need to spam up the board.

Please look here:

http://www.lightorama.com/help/configuring_units.htm

"Configuring Cosmic Color Ribbons and Cosmic Color Bulbs"

or here:

http://www.lightorama.com/PDF/CR150D_Man_Web.pdf

(page 12)

Sorry for the duplicate posts, I was just trying to find some help with this problem that has been driving me crazy for the past week. It won't happen again. THANK YOU for the answers provided.

Ok I still can't seem to find the root of my problem I changed the controller to normal mode. Read though the links that you also provided me but that number 13 controller keeps firing on the other controller commands. Any other ideas???? Again Sorry about the repeat posts and THANKS in advance for any help provided.

At the risk of being repetitive, if you aren’t 100% positive double check that unit 13 is not in legacy mode.

If any part of the ribbons are close to each other it might help to separate them by about 6 inches if it’s possible. This includes the controllers, ribbons, wires going to the ribbons etc.

Maybe this is as simple as having the CCR circuits (Unit ID / Circuit setting) referenced wrong or more than once in the sequence. Try running the Light-O-Rama Verifier tool and look for any error related to channel assignment.

If you get a chance, maybe attach one of the sequences that is doing this. I’m not running the latest LOR version. But maybe someone could double check your channel configuration.

Well I went through and tried everything you said and The problem seems to be gone for now. I had the ribbon controllers in a weatherproof box really close to each other so i moved them and but a longer cat5 cable between them so hopefully that was all it was. THANKS A MILLION for all your help. It seems like eveery year I have some little gremlin in my system. HAPPY HOLIDAYS

At the risk of being repetitive, if you aren’t 100% positive double check that unit 13 is not in legacy mode.

If any part of the ribbons are close to each other it might help to separate them by about 6 inches if it’s possible. This includes the controllers, ribbons, wires going to the ribbons etc.

Maybe this is as simple as having the CCR circuits (Unit ID / Circuit setting) referenced wrong or more than once in the sequence. Try running the Light-O-Rama Verifier tool and look for any error related to channel assignment.

If you get a chance, maybe attach one of the sequences that is doing this. I’m not running the latest LOR version. But maybe someone could double check your channel configuration.

• The topic was locked