Light-O-Rama Forums

Need some newbie help please

abbi2001

Last year we lost a lot of our sequencing, including pics, animations etc. Right now I have a sequence ready to go, and made the animation for it, but I'm wondering if there is anyway to transfer that animation to all of my other sequences and if so, how do I do this? Also, what is the difference between the .las and .lee files?

Thanks for the help!

Are you using the Visualizer (separate application) or the Animator (part of the Sequence Editor)? Since you asked about the .lee file, I'm going to assume you're using the Visualizer.

If you've set up the Visualizer, you can reuse the .lee file for any sequence you develop. Just load it into theVisualizer when you start the app.

As for the .las file, that's the animation sequence file saved by the Sequence Editor (SE). It can only be read by the SE app. However, when you have the .las file loaded into SE, you can export your channel configuration so you don't have to load each channel manually every time you build a new sequence. When you have your .las file open in SE, from the Edit menu, choose Edit -> Export/Import Channel Configuration -> Export. Save that file. Then, you can reload that config file into each new sequence.

Are you using the Visualizer (separate application) or the Animator (part of the Sequence Editor)? Since you asked about the .lee file, I'm going to assume you're using the Visualizer.

If you've set up the Visualizer, you can reuse the .lee file for any sequence you develop. Just load it into theVisualizer when you start the app.

As for the .las file, that's the animation sequence file saved by the Sequence Editor (SE). It can only be read by the SE app. However, when you have the .las file loaded into SE, you can export your channel configuration so you don't have to load each channel manually every time you build a new sequence. When you have your .las file open in SE, from the Edit menu, choose Edit -> Export/Import Channel Configuration -> Export. Save that file. Then, you can reload that config file into each new sequence.

Thanks Aaron, helped greatly!!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi

just returned from a 2 year break of lights got demo 3.8

found got to start from almost scatch as lost most backup files in computer crash and only shells on flash drive

which is the better to use

visualizer or animator

thanks