Light-O-Rama Forums

Darn Leaves

Melvin Stoddard

I know I don't have as many as a lot of you but a north wind came through and my neighbors leaves blew in my yard, I wish they would rake up their leaves. They have three large oak trees and never rake all fall and winter. Since I have a grid in my yard I can't rake them I use a blower/vac, post-5274-0-90362200-1354043947_thumb.jp

In my neighborhood, everyone has a large oak in the front yard. They tell me the trees are actually owned by the city, they are all on the right-of-way near the street. It really looks nice before the leaves fall, almost like a tunnel of trees as you drive down the street. Anyway we get lots of leave this time of year.

Only one of my neighbors are good about cleaning up their leaves, the other just let them lay, and a lot end up in my yard. Ticks me off too.

This weekend we are supposed to have really nice weather with temps in the low 60's, so hopefully some will get out and clean leaves.

The leave problem kind of limits what I can put on the ground. A yard grid is absolutely out of the question for me. I would never be able to get the leaves out of that. lol

Jerry

Edited by LORisAwesome

Make a short wall with chicken wire on your property line. If the leaves are already on the ground, at least this will keep them from blowing on your property.

The chicken wire comes in short rolls (2' tall I think) and is hardly visible at night if visible at all.

One of the few advantages of the drought we've been in this past year (as well as the early spring we had) was that the leaves started falling much earlier this year, and were completely gone before I needed to start working on the display.

Edited by Tim Fischer

I feel your pain...I also have a yard grid

With the Chinese Tylers, one small oak and one BIG OAK on the East side of the house ... we get a lot of leaves.

I imagine you had the wind storm same day we did. bad for the leaves BUT .. the MERRY CHRISTMAS sign on the roof... didnt budge an inch .. even with 35MPH gusts ...

On the plus side .. most of the leaves are gone .. I will have to blow them out once more .. maybe twice .. after that .. I should be golden ..

Bob

• The topic was locked