Light-O-Rama Forums

keeping lights on

serky

Hi,

I made two spiral trees out of CCR's sequenced to music. My other lights are controlled by a 16 channel controller but not synced to the music. In show editor, I have the musical sequences playing randomly and the animation sequences playing sequentially not turning used lights off at the end of each sequence. My issue is when a the animation sequence ends. They are all 4 minutes long. They seem to take quite a while for the next one to start, leaving lights off at the end of each sequence. I plan on syncing these to music eventually but for now, how can I get a shorter down time with the animation sequences?

When I do sequence them to music is the best method to import the audio to Sequence, set my channels as I like, and then copy the CCR's from Superstar? Is there any easy way to sequence to music in Sequence Editor as there is in Superstar?

Thanks,

Jason

Jason, I was also having issues with sequences not staying on between sequences despite all attempts to correct it. Finally found that the problem was that I was using an insanely ancient laptop PC as a show computer, and it simply was taking WAY too long for it to do anything. Easy way to tell is to bring up the LOR monitor and look at the times between sequences. I was finding it was taking many seconds between sequences. Bought a newer computer for the purpose and problem gone. The new computer can do all of a show startup and load an entire show worth of sequences in less than 1 second.

Jim

Thanks Jim,

The computer is a newer one. The musical sequences don't have much of a delay. I am going to make sure the last few seconds of every animation sequence has every light on so when it ends and there is a delay, at least all the lights will be on.

I found the culprit when turning the last second on. The sequences are 4 minutes long, I copied and pasted multiple times but in some instances, it didn't go to the end. So, I might have had 3 minutes sequenced in a 4 minute sequence. That appeared to make a long delay when it was really a sequence still playing that was all "OFF" at that point of the animation.

Jason

Edited by serky

Glad you found the culprit Jason. That just happens to be one of the most overlooked things when trying to figure out why are my lights off when they should still be on? Very easy to do. Glad you got it going and corrected.