Light-O-Rama Forums

demo version of software

dsz071

Since you all answered my newb question so well the other day, I'll try another. Just want to make sure I'm read correctly when I downloaded the demo version. I can sequence everything but can't use I the software to control the lights,correct? I need to purchase a license for that. Again, just making sure I read correctly. At least this way I can start working on my stuff for next year while I let Mr Christmas take care of this year.

There are limits, like only two tracks. Also, the demo mode of some features will warn you that if you use them, you won't be able to save your work. Also, you will only be able to work on one PC, and not move files to other systems in a useful format until you apply a licence to that PC and save again....

That is correct.

Note that some features on the software are in 'demo' mode in the demo version of the software.

Also, if you create/save a sequence on a demo version of software, it will be encrypted, and its use severely limited on other machines. However registering that machine and saving that sequence will remove the encryption.

Sounds good. I saw the thing about only two tracks with the demo... Right now I'm not sure exactly what to do with just one track. I'm supposed to be getting the basic version with 2 controllers for Christmas. After setting up my display this year, I can't wait to do a real setup next year.