Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR flashing during 2 purchased sequences

Al Saunders

Hi Everyone, Ran a test show last night and everything went well except on the two you can modify sequences I had what looked like the one pixel blinking during the sequence that I had not done nor do I see it in my Superstar sequence I added to the regular sequence. On all other sequences I only had what I wanted to run. Anyone run into this problem of blinking lights on their CCR's? It looks like a twinkle effect in random colors but it is in sync with the music. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Al

sounds like a beat channel for keeping time,check your channel configuration in the sequence you bought and I bet it matches a ccr channel

Hey James,

Thanks for the advise and I think you're right. In the sequence channel configuration it shows controllers 1-3 then CCD 3 and 4. My CCR unit id's are 3 and 4. How can I clean this up?

Thanks,

Al

if you don't want the ccrs to do anything during the paid sequences the just turn all those off. or go in and edit the ccrs to do what you want them to. did you load your channel configuration or did you use it as is? if your happy with everthing but the ccr's then just modify them.You don't need superstar to modifiy them in the se.hope this helps,,,,btw love your avatar

That's the weird thing. I added some morphs in Superstar for one of those songs and they behave as expected after exporting, copy and pasting but I also have this extra flashing. I have never done anything with the channel configuration until you mentioned it, everything was done as is. On one of the songs I'm not doing anything with either CCR so I could turn them off on that one but the other song I need them to do some morphs.

Thanks for the help and you have a cool avator also. :)

In the sequence channel configuration it shows controllers 1-3 then CCD 3 and 4. My CCR unit id's are 3 and 4. How can I clean this up?

If I'm reading things right, the sequence has a 16-channel controller set to unit ID 3 and you have a CCR also with a Unit ID of 3. If that's the case, those flashes you're seeing in the CCR - which should be occurring near the end where the wire comes into the ribbon - are the first 16 channels of the CCR firing when the 16-channel regular controller also fires its 16 channels. Two controllers, no matter what kind of controller they are, shouldn't ordinarily have the same unit ID.

To change a CCR's physical unit ID you would use the Hardware Utility. To change a CCR's unit ID in a sequence, it's easiest to use the the channel configuration. At the bottom is an option to change controller. Use that and follow the prompts.

James and George, Thanks again for the help. George you are right I have two 16 channel controllers units 1 and 2. The CCR's I had to make units 3 and 4 since at the time I only had the basic plus license. I now have upgraded to the advance license so I think what will work best for me is changing the CCR unit id's to 5 and 6.

What is happening makes sense since the two new purchased sequences were done for 48 channels (3 controllers) and my old sequences were done for 32 channels. It also is not happening on my sequences I programmed. I really appreciate the help!

Hey, one more question...where do you guys get those banners that say how many channels and lights you are running? I want one! :D

James and George, Thanks again for the help. George you are right I have two 16 channel controllers units 1 and 2. The CCR's I had to make units 3 and 4 since at the time I only had the basic plus license. I now have upgraded to the advance license so I think what will work best for me is changing the CCR unit id's to 5 and 6.

What is happening makes sense since the two new purchased sequences were done for 48 channels (3 controllers) and my old sequences were done for 32 channels. It also is not happening on my sequences I programmed. I really appreciate the help!

Hey, one more question...where do you guys get those banners that say how many channels and lights you are running? I want one! :D

http://planetchristmas.com/signatures/