Jump to content

Is there a way to...


TheQueb
 Share

Recommended Posts

Is there a way to make my default directory C:\Sequences\2012? I used LORpost to get the default into my root but every time I open up a sequence I have to click the \2012 directory in the c:\sequences directory. I like to keep my sequences organized by year...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You might consider a different directory structure.

Example:

c:\LORData\2012

If you changed your directory to that, everything would be in that directory.

One thing to keep in mind, though. When you update the directory next year, the software will copy everything from the 2012 to the 2013 directory. Just copy the data that you want archived back to the 2012 directory, and you'll be good to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I keep my sequences organized by year also. I use the default directory as my current year and them make folders inside the sequences folder for each prior year. At the end of the year I move all my sequences to the newly created year folder and the default is now empty waiting for me to put in the current years sequences. this keeps everything organized and I don't have to mess with changing defaults.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I keep my sequences organized by year also. I use the default directory as my current year and them make folders inside the sequences folder for each prior year. At the end of the year I move all my sequences to the newly created year folder and the default is now empty waiting for me to put in the current years sequences. this keeps everything organized and I don't have to mess with changing defaults.

Ditto.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

(shaking head) I will just never understand why default locations dont suit you people. Having the files somewhere other than the default location will just lead us to read your next thread, "where are my files?" and "I cant find my files for Simple Show Builder!"

Just use the default folders and leave it be. Move or backup your files AFTER the season is over. Doing otherwise will just cause you to pull you hair, and us to block your rant posts..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

(shaking head) I will just never understand why default locations dont suit you people. Having the files somewhere other than the default location will just lead us to read your next thread, "where are my files?" and "I cant find my files for Simple Show Builder!"

Just use the default folders and leave it be. Move or backup your files AFTER the season is over. Doing otherwise will just cause you to pull you hair, and us to block your rant posts..

With all due respect, properly changing the default location does not affect Simple Show Builder, etc. If someone goes through the trouble of changing their default file location, they are probably more apt to remember where it is. (Especially if they are changing the location for the reasons above.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest wbottomley

With all due respect, properly changing the default location does not affect Simple Show Builder, etc. If someone goes through the trouble of changing their default file location, they are probably more apt to remember where it is. (Especially if they are changing the location for the reasons above.)

If it's the 48%, then yes. But, there's no hope for the remaining 52%.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don, problem is, no one does it properly.. I know you've read those cries for help.. Bill has seen them, I've seen them, we all have, so how many actually USE LORPost to change it before they post their "need someone to tell me how to find my files" No one, I know. :blink:

I keep them on a thumbdrive, I keep them in the cloud.. I keep them in folder "never_gonna_lose_this_stuff" on the desktop.. is just asking for the hairpullin' ta begin.. ^_^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...