This year's show with new features and 4000 more channels.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's been a long time since I've posted, but here's a few quick pics of this year's show in action. My Iphone 5 doesn't really do it justice, but I'll probably get videos up in the next week or so.

Here is one of the videos. I took it with my iPhone, so the quality is so so, but you get the idea. Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BTW what temp does it have to be to create the snow?

It uses bubble (snow) fluid to produce snow so temp is not a factor. But I would be concerned with the fluid freezing in really cold temps?

And great job on the toys Kenny!!!

Edited by Santas Helper

Are your pixel string mounted onto anything to keep them taught and facing forward or do you have them strung up like a normal LED string? I find with with my normal LED pixel tree, I need to tension the strings quite a bit to maintain a nice triangular tree look. Otherwise they start sagging. I would be afraid to tension the pixel strings as they would pull apart the wire connected to the chip.

Wow, looks like I've been out of the loop too long. What's E1.31? I heard them talking about Ray Wu's pixels at the PNW gathering but, didn't get a chance to really understand how they are used and programmed. I'm sure your sequencing would really blow my mind but, I'm willing to put my learning hat on.

Very Cool and clean display!!!

Evan

• 2 weeks later...

My solution to the problem you describe was that my mega-tree uses 16 strands each of white, green and CCB. For some songs I don't use the RGB lights at all. For others, the RGB is used as an accent. For example, with Silent Night I did a snowfall effect with just the CCB's. With "It's the Most Wonderful Time" I did some heavier RGB effects but I also used the white or green regular strands to tie the tree back in with the rest of the display.

I'd love to do some of the spiral effects that you're pulling off, though! Those pretty well fried my brain trying to create them manually.

You need to look into Nutcracker it's very simple and it works well, you make the effect and then export it to LOR. It is a very good program.

• 4 weeks later...

tree is very nice kenny and god bless you and your family for the work you have done for the toys for tots. i know of people that have had to use the service's tot provides, and its people like you that make christmas great for these people. without tot they would not have a christmas.

if you were in front of me would shake your hand and buy you a beer "lol" or two  :D

again i say GOD BLESS YOU !!!!!

thanks

jimmy61

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Sort of off topic here, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.  My wife and I need help.  We give back each year to charities and other organizations, but now we need some help of our own.  If you feel like helping, we'd appreciate it... details can be found here:  http://www.giveforward.com/samandkenny

Thanks again for all the kind words and compliments.

Hey guys,

Sort of off topic here, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.  My wife and I need help.  We give back each year to charities and other organizations, but now we need some help of our own.  If you feel like helping, we'd appreciate it... details can be found here:  http://www.giveforward.com/samandkenny

Thanks again for all the kind words and compliments.

Touching story Kenny. I hope my donation helps. The wife and I have been blessed with two little angels and I can't imagine life without them.

• 9 months later...

My entire display, www.mckinneychristmas.com is for sale....  I will part out everything.  Check my site for pics and videos.  PM me if interested in anything.  The controllers are all LOR as well. 

I'm located in north texas in case anyone wants to pick up the big things...

PM & email sent.

Sorry to hear you are getting rid of everything. Hope all is well.

Tom

PM & email sent.

Sorry to hear you are getting rid of everything. Hope all is well.

Tom

Oh, I'm in OKC so pick up would be easy.