Light-O-Rama Forums

This year's show with new features and 4000 more channels.

kennyz06

I also try and go for a classy look in my display. Sometime simple looks better than crazy all over the place lights. The hardest part of adding that RGB tree was making it blend with the show. It can do ANY color of the rainbow, but my house wasnt really set up for that, so I had to try and make it blend. Next year ill change up some more stuff so I can display more colors on the tree and still have it not look out of place. I have 6 other songs, but I haven't recorded them yet. One of the popular ones is Let it snow by Michael Buble. I have a couple snow machines that kick off during this song, and kids play in the snow flakes. It's really pretty awesome to see.

Thanks! No, the tree is all done with RGB pixels I ordered from Ray Wu. LOR CCP and CCR stuff is way too expensive. I went the P12r route for the controller for it as well. Let me know if you want more info on it. I'm REALLY happy with the results.

I'm interested in the actual hardware used for lights, power supplies etc. Can you post any links you have. Also is there any chance you could post some closeup daylight pics? This RGB stuff is very cool but it's important to do what others have proven successful at as I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Very nice.

I also try and go for a classy look in my display. Sometime simple looks better than crazy all over the place lights.

I think that's a good idea.

Getting too busy, especially with your RGB tree can get to be too much and lose the true value of your display IMHO.

You did a great job keeping it to a simple yet very entertaining level.

By the way.... We collect toys for Toys for Tots at our home. If you are in the area, or know anyone who wants to see the show, please tell them we collect toys in case they want to bring one or two to donate. Our goal is 1000 toys this year. Last year we collected close to 500!

Perfect. I'm looking forward to it. I have your site bookmarked. Please post an update here if you remember when you are done. Thank you very much.

You RGB tree is impressive ...putting it mildly. And it looks like you used nutcracker for the sequencing? Guess I have lots of reading and homework during the off season. I haven't even looked at E1.31 and not sure what it can do. But obviously some really impressive stuff.

Thanks guys. I'll be recording some more songs tonight. The other songs look pretty slick as well. I'll post them as soon as I can. I'll also take some closeup pics of the RGB tree and post them on the website.

Perfect. I'm looking forward to it. I have your site bookmarked. Please post an update here if you remember when you are done. Thank you very much.

I am so stealing that tree idea! ha ha!!!

Very happy to see there are alternatives to the CCR's & CCB's. If LOR would bring the prices down on that stuff i'd be more inclined to pick up a few. I wanted some CCR's for next year, so it's nice to see people having succes with other methods. Want to check out the E1.31 stuff out for next year. This looks promising. Excelent Job!

Just to be clear, I'm sure LOR makes an awesome product. I use their controllers, and their software. I just couldn't achieve the results I wanted, for the price I wanted, using their CCR and CCP stuff. I'm in no way saying that my way is the only alternative to LOR's RGB stuff. I am also not trying to tell people not to buy the LOR products. LOR does a good job making their products easy to use right out of the box. My method requires lots of research, trial and error, and assembly to make it work...

Well said. You will pay the same for most of these things either way. Money for a good complete product that works or lots of time for DIY. It just depends on where you want to work.