Light-O-Rama Forums

This year's show with new features and 4000 more channels.

kennyz06

It's been a long time since I've posted, but here's a few quick pics of this year's show in action. My Iphone 5 doesn't really do it justice, but I'll probably get videos up in the next week or so. The snow machines are back this year, and I've added a new RGB tree using pixel strings (2811's) from Ray Wu. The J1Sys P12R controls my new RGB tree and all 30 of the strings. The snowflakes were just replaced this year with cleaner, more current looking ones as well.

IMG_2925.JPG

IMG_2932.JPG

IMG_2937.JPG

IMG_2953.JPG

IMG_2957.JPG

IMG_2979.JPG

IMG_3001.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks! No, the tree is all done with RGB pixels I ordered from Ray Wu. LOR CCP and CCR stuff is way too expensive. I went the P12r route for the controller for it as well. Let me know if you want more info on it. I'm REALLY happy with the results.

forgot to read your post. got to excited over the pics and video.

Edited by dknahoolewa

We also have snow machines, but we had those last year as well. I dont have a video of my let it snow song yet, but I'll post it once I do.

It's been a long time since I've posted, but here's a few quick pics of this year's show in action. My Iphone 5 doesn't really do it justice, but I'll probably get videos up in the next week or so. The snow machines are back this year, and I've added a new RGB tree using pixel strings (2811's) from Ray Wu. The J1Sys P12R controls my new RGB tree and all 30 of the strings. The snowflakes were just replaced this year with cleaner, more current looking ones as well.

IMG_2925.JPG

IMG_2932.JPG

IMG_2937.JPG

IMG_2953.JPG

IMG_2957.JPG

IMG_2979.JPG

IMG_3001.jpg

I am having Star envy, care to share your secret? Did you build it or buy it?

Kenny,

Great job! I would definitely like more info on your RGB tree. I am in the planning stages for 2013 already

and that looks to be about the size of tree I would like to do.

Either a "how to" or a PM with details would be appreciated.

Again, nice job!

Ed

AWESOME! How many pixel strings do you have on your RGB tree? There is one in the works at my house for next year.

There are 30 pixel strings with 45 pixels on each string. I had them custom made with smaller spacing so it would have more of a high-res look to it...

I am having Star envy, care to share your secret? Did you build it or buy it?

It's all built from scratch! It's basically like Holdman's star, but bigger. I wanted more of a cross look to it, as well as a longer bottom section. I did the same for the star on the tree. The one on my house uses c9s, and the tree is c7s. The star on the house is mounted to a special frame, and you can see it on the behind the scenes page on www.mckinneychristmas.com. It was tricky to build the whole thing, and I think I went through 3 or 4 drill bits... lol

It's all built from scratch! It's basically like Holdman's star, but bigger. I wanted more of a cross look to it, as well as a longer bottom section. I did the same for the star on the tree. The one on my house uses c9s, and the tree is c7s. The star on the house is mounted to a special frame, and you can see it on the behind the scenes page on www.mckinneychristmas.com. It was tricky to build the whole thing, and I think I went through 3 or 4 drill bits... lol

So do we have a "Kenny Star" now? I think so. Love it!!!