Light-O-Rama Forums

Success

paralegalnc

well we were getting set up when News 14 showed up. Kinda exciting. However, we don't have Time Warner Cable so I couldn't see if I looked stupid or not...lol. 2 police officers came by, thankfully just to watch the lights but got a call out during the third song (never a dull moment in Concord) couldn't hear the music on the first song only to realize stupid me...forgot to turn the sound up on my computer... remember everyone...turn the sound up on the computer if you are using an FM transmittor...DUH (blonde moment) had 11 cars for the first show at 6, 11 more for 6:30, and it kept up.... but 8 pm show...only 1 but then back up to 10ish cars. Kids were sitting on top of cars, heads out sunroofs. Got claps, whistles, squeals, one baby cried when the lights went off. Lots of thumbs up and cheering. Guess we done good. People loved it and well.... that's what it's all about. Hope to get a video soon...

Good luck to those who light up soon. May your heart be filled with the excitement and joy as mine was, not to mention the pride.... I brought joy to people this Christmas season.... even if just for 22 minutes.

Congrats! Can't wait to see your videos.

My lights are running in semi static mode till next weekend.

need to figure out how to video it. husband tried with his tablet but the music sounded horrible. We are going to ask the neighbor across the street if we can set up a ladder in his yard to video so you don't see cars drive by and then take a radio so you can hear music better. Or if the people who took video on their phone send it to us. I have a stupid phone so......

congrats!!!! for me seeing the reactions of others is what makes it special, plus i still love watching it myself. careful with the media exposure, it could get out of hand really fast, be prepared. for the video, i tried to edit music into video but never got it just right, what i have done gone across the street (may need ladder this year) set up camera and put a small radio right under camera for the audio. this worked for me, oh yeah, it was at 2am so there were no cars and people. remember to turn off outside speakers if you are using them and just use the transmitter, speaking from experiance, had to run and turn off speakers so not to wake anyone else.

congrats!!!! for me seeing the reactions of others is what makes it special, plus i still love watching it myself. careful with the media exposure, it could get out of hand really fast, be prepared. for the video, i tried to edit music into video but never got it just right, what i have done gone across the street (may need ladder this year) set up camera and put a small radio right under camera for the audio. this worked for me, oh yeah, it was at 2am so there were no cars and people. remember to turn off outside speakers if you are using them and just use the transmitter, speaking from experiance, had to run and turn off speakers so not to wake anyone else.

thanks chip... that is probably what he is going to do...except the 2 am thing. my husband likes his sleeping!

Nice!

Got claps, whistles, squeals, one baby cried when the lights went off.

I usually count crying children as a success on Halloween! :)

c

• Like 1

Another suggestion .. from my experience.

Don't turn up the computer volume too loud .. say 35% and let the people turn up their car radios.

If you turn your computer voulme too much you may loose sound quality like i did !

We go live this weekend with a big kick-off ... starbucks is supplying hot chocolate to all those who visit

for the first show and we have set up a trigger so a child will win the opportunity to push our BIG button

to start the season off !

Dave