Light-O-Rama Forums

Need USB485B before Tuesday (11/27)...

grodq

I'm in desperate need of a replacement USB485B. My show ran fine last night. Today I smell burning plastic, trace it down to the USB485B, take off the cover and one of the chips is fried.

I have a national news crew coming out on Tuesday to do a video shoot including 3 custom sequences for their show.

I'm in the St. Louis area and will pay cost and next day shipping charges to get me a replacement. I've reached out to LOR (closed till Monday) and WOW lights.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gary

I can go up to a UPS or wherever monday and next day mine out to you from Florida. I dont know if it will make it in time but if you dont find one closer let me know.

I can go up to a UPS or wherever monday and next day mine out to you from Florida. I dont know if it will make it in time but if you dont find one closer let me know.

Thanks for the offer, we'll see if anyone else (or company) responds by tomorrow.

No problems here. I dont use it for my show so its not going to hurt me not to have it this year. Maybe next year Ill dig out the AC controllers for some strobes or something. I sent you my number just gimme a call and we can setup the shipping.

PM crakcer and Don

Edited by GoofyGuy

No problems here. I dont use it for my show so its not going to hurt me not to have it this year. Maybe next year Ill dig out the AC controllers for some strobes or something. I sent you my number just gimme a call and we can setup the shipping.

PM crakcer and Don

WOW lights called me back, they're out of stock of the adapter (maybe a used one laying around?) Took a picture of the what I think the problem is. That doesn't look right to me.

board.jpg

All is well. Got a few offerings from the community and several of LOR's partners sent me an email as well. But it turns out a good samaritan from the lighting community came to the front door and let me borrow their adapter. I'll be ordering a replacement adapter but won't have to dish out for the overnight mail. Thanks for all the offers of help.

Gary

Sorry....didn't see this until tonight. Glad the see you we're able to borrow one.

I do have them in stock if needed. Thanks