Light-O-Rama Forums

Weird Problem - One Tree Won't Come On

snafufireman

Here is my situation. I have 30 mini trees with 3 colors of lights on each one. All of the the trees and colors work except for one. I have 2 strings of 50ct red LED's from CDI on this tree and these lights won't work on any channel on the controller and the controller is new this year. When I plug them directly into an outlet they work fine, they just won't work when plugged into the controller. I have tried resetting the controller, changing dimming curves and every channel on the controller and this one color won't turn on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I used the console in the HU to turn the channels on individually. What ever channel I had that particular tree plugged into it wouldn't turn on in the console or running a sequence.

The unit id is correct and I have already eliminated the extension cord. Like I said, it doesn't matter what channel I have that one tree plugged in to, it won't turn on when it is connected to the controller.

Well I might be all wet behind the ears but This is one of those screwy problems that might have a screwy fix. In the plug is a sliding door that gives you access to the fuses. Open the door and use a small like pocket screwdriver and give the silver caps of the fuses a little push and see if they are fully seated. Here is the screwy thinking behind this request. The times that the string worked with a extension cord the socket is made differently than the sockets on the dongles. Maybe just a bit difference in spacing of the recepticle thus causing a different pressure on the spades of the plug, causing contact to be made or not depending on the socket.