Light-O-Rama Forums

Stuck channel? Do you have an extra channel somewhere?

Robert Burton

I have one. It comes and goes, but just not sure what is going on. Hopefully this is not a disease that will spread through my controllers! I don't think it is a bad cable...at least hope not. A bear to find sometimes.

I have found a temp fix for my stuck channel that I thought I would share;

I had one channel dedicated to a radio. That is on the porch and cuts on when a sequence starts, shuts off when everything is over. So my stuck or "dimmed" channel (on a mini tree)...I moved to that "Radio Channel". I moved the radio over to the "dimmed" channel. Since it is a constant "On" with the sequence...it may just be ok. The radio is not real loud from the street so if it does get stuck on after the show shuts down...it will be just a little static being played.

A quick fix and will repair it after the season is over.

Thought I would share. Seems like a lot of people have had this issue with some bad triac's.

Robert

Ok found the problem, If you have the same effects here a good spot to start.

I have 7 controllers, all purchased of the last 8 years. I went and updated the fireware on the struck controllers and all is working again.

updated from 4.05 to 4.30 and that seemed to fix, Thanks to everyone who watch the forums and take the time to help others.

At work right now...so can't look at the board. I do know though after looking at the hardware function...I have 4.32 on it. For some reason I remember seeing something that you could not go higher with the board I have....I think. It shows 4.40 for V2 boards. How can you tell which version you have????