Light-O-Rama Forums

Looking easy way to add new Spiral Tree to existing Sequences

Redbirdruss

I was wondering if there is an easy way to add my new spiral tree to an existing sequence. I created a new sequence which has my new 32 channel spiral tree in a track/group and was hoping I could just copy/paste/import the track/group from one sequence to another. Otherwise I am faced with manually adding the Spiral tree to all my existing sequences. Any ideas?

Edited by Redbirdruss

Russ,

If you add the new channels at the very BOTTOM of your channel list then all you have to do is manually add those channels to any single sequence.

If all your sequences are identical as far as the channel list goes, and I DO mean IDENTICAL, then all you have to do is export the channel config, give it a name, and then import it into your other sequences. If the channel lists are not identical, or if you're wanting to add the channels to the middle of your channel list, then you'll need to do it manually with every sequence.

In the sequence editor, EDIT > IMPORT/EXPORT CONFIGURATION.

Edited by George Simmons

Thanks George! I thought the import was a possibility but was unsure if it would erase my sequence. I'm going to give the import function a try with a backup copy of one of my sequences. Merry Christmas!

Importing a configuration will not affect sequenced lighting events in any way. If you copy one configuration over the top of another that has the channels in different places, however, what you'll see in the yard might not be like anything you wanted to see.