Light-O-Rama Forums

Got mine today!

lkcubsrule

Well, I received my controller today and was very happy. I followed the instructions, and it went smoothly. The only thing that was wierd was the Strain Relief Bracket. It kept saying "don't install...don't install"... but yet they put it in the pictures?! And the part where it shows how to mount the bracket, but tells you not to! I think that should've been placed accordingly.

Otherwise, I was very pleased with it. It tested fine, and looks great!

Does anyone else who owns one of these have ALEX written in small print in the TOP LEFT HAND corner of the card???? That is interesting....

What card did you get??

If you got the PC board, then the instructions in the very beginning it tells you that the pictures are going to show things that are done but don't do them. It was confusing, but they did write and tell you about it in the beginning.

Greg

lkcubsrule wrote:

Well, I received my controller today and was very happy. I followed the instructions, and it went smoothly. The only thing that was wierd was the Strain Relief Bracket. It kept saying "don't install...don't install"... but yet they put it in the pictures?! And the part where it shows how to mount the bracket, but tells you not to! I think that should've been placed accordingly.

Otherwise, I was very pleased with it. It tested fine, and looks great!

Does anyone else who owns one of these have ALEX written in small print in the TOP LEFT HAND corner of the card???? That is interesting....

A few people have commented about the bracket and a few have put it in at the wrong time. It is clearly noted that it should not be installed and it is those pictures to make sure that people realize the placment of things while assembling...

As far as "ALEX"..... The word "ALEX" somewhere on every circuit board (for every controller, RF unit, MP3 player, etc... that has ever been made by Light-O-Rama.

Ponddude wrote:

What card did you get??

The CTB16PC. I can't believe I forgot to inclue that! Oh, well.

LightORamaDan wrote:
It is clearly noted that it should not be installed and it is those pictures to make sure that people realize the placment of things while assembling...

I kept asking myself during the process, why does it say to not install them??? it's like...c'mon...It has to be installed anyway! But at the end, It dawned on me that you have to put the cords through and tighten the strain relief and everything...or else it would be a HUGE hassle at the end! And it all came together.